CAT Preparation in 3 months must be always result-oriented. The candidates who are thinking to prepare for CAT in 3 months must follow a strategic preparation plan to score a good rank in the exam. The Common Admission Test, best known as CAT, has been sealing in the fates of MBA aspirants for top B-schools. While the very idea of CAT preparation in 3 months seems lucrative, as the perks include admission to top B-schools, getting through it requires hard work as there are only a handful of months left.
How to prepare for CAT in 3 months is the most common question that every candidate wants to know. People keep practising CAT Question Paper over the year and even more, at times. With the passage of time, it gets really difficult to keep up the momentum. Aspirants are required to immediately complete the process of their CAT preparation due to the limited availability of time.
Read the article below to get your answer for CAT Preparation in 3 months. Our experts have made a well-curated study to help the candidates in the exam preparation.
CAT Preparation in 3 Months Plans
Enlisted below are 5 key pointers that can help you to prepare for CAT in 3 Months:
- Be Aware: The very essence of preparing for an examination is to be aware of every detail pertaining to it, which includes the CAT Date, the syllabus, know-how, go about and plan of action.
- Be Timely and Accurate: To attempt 100 questions, which include topics such as Ratio, Algebra and Its Applications, Critical Reasoning, Puzzles, Relations and various data that need interpretation, within a fixed time frame of merely 180 minutes, can be a challenging task. Time yourself and accordingly polish the necessary skills. The success in CAT is entirely dependent on both lightning speed and accuracy.
- High Levels of Concentration: Aiming and achieving big within a shorter time frame makes things more intense and needs higher concentration levels. The more focused a person is, the better their accuracy levels. Thus, a better grasp of concepts and intent to concentrate will help crack the CAT.
- Strengthen Your Strengths and Eliminate Your Threats: The best way of approaching CAT involves focusing on your strengths and eliminating threats. To get through the CAT exam and obtain a seat in any IIMs or top B-schools, a high percentile is needed. This can be done by nurturing the core concepts, which are the aspirant’s strengths, such that they can be sure of banking on it to score a higher percentile.
- Practise Till You Perfect: Like the famous proverb, practice makes a man perfect, and hence, utilising the skills to practise till you are perfect is the key!
How to Prepare for CAT in 3 Months: Important Dos and Donts
Here, our experts have listed some important Do’s and Don’ts that you must be aware of for CAT preparation in 3 Months.
|Solve CAT Previous Year Papers and analyse your mistakes.||Do not prepare any irrelevant topics which are not included in the CAT Syllabus.|
|Improve accuracy to reduce negative marking as much as possible||Always read the questions first and then solve the questions.|
|Solve mock questions and sample papers||Stay clam and do not hurry to solve the exam papers|
|BE focused on your study||Do not lose hope|
CAT Preparation in 3 Months – Month-Wise Study Plan
For candidates looking to prepare for CAT in 3 months, a month-by-month study schedule is required. It provides students with a general sense of what they need to learn in a given month and how to get ready for the CAT in 3 months. The CAT preparation schedule for three months is described in the section below:
Month 1: Clear Your Basic Skills
It is crucial to assess your fundamental knowledge chapter by chapter in order to identify your strengths and weaknesses. They can then adhere to the advice listed below:
- Determine your level of preparation and how much work you must put in to get ready for the CAT in 3 months.
- To comprehend the subjects covered on the CAT exam, read all the chapters.
- Look for books and study tools that are pertinent to the updated CAT exam pattern and syllabus.
- Check your vocabulary knowledge and make an effort to increase it by regularly reading books, articles, and newspapers.
Month 2: Chapter-Wise Clarity to Solve the Questions Accurately
Make a note of the crucial subjects that should receive the most emphasis. Organise your studies according to the most recent exam format.
- Utilise study hacks to speed through the questions.
- Make a list of all unusual terms together with their definitions, antonyms, tense forms, and sentence usages.
- For the CAT DILR portion, improve your accuracy by learning how to properly analyse graphs.
- Review your preparation plan and adjust your study schedule as necessary.
- Keep evaluating how you’re doing so that you can get better over the next few days.
Month 3: Solve Exam Papers and Mock Questions
The following must be the candidates’ main priorities for the next three months.
- Review each chapter. To what extent they have covered each chapter is crucial information.
- Do not study a new chapter that you believe needs to be completed.
- To prepare for CAT in three months, practise the sample paper from the previous year and take as many mock exams as you can.
- Learn the CAT formulas by heart.
How to Crack CAT 2023 in 3 Months – Section-Wise Study Tips
Note the table below to get the expert’s recommended study schedules for each of the exam sections. You can follow this schedule for CAT preparation in 3 months and score a good rank in the exam.
|VARC (Daily 2 hours)||DILR (2 Hours on Every Alternate Day)||Quant (Daily 2.5 hours)|
||Focus on chapter-wise studies and attempt questions on:
CAT Preparation in 3 Months – How Many Hours to Study Daily?
You will need to put in 7-8 hours every day if you believe that this time period is overall too short. When you eliminate the 100 hours for CAT mock exam and accompanying analysis, you are left with 350 hours for section-and topic-specific practice. For example, 4 hours each day would increase your overall commitment to approximately 450 hours. If this is the case, depending on how good or weak you are in each component of the CAT exam, you can consider devoting between 100 and 140 hours to each one.
To conclude, the key to achieving the goal of cracking CAT 2023 is to become a mindful, meticulous and smart-working individual. To learn more about the CAT exam and other related details, keep visiting BYJU’S.
Frequently Asked Questions on CAT Preparation in 3 Months
How to Prepare for CAT in 3 Months?
Preparing for CAT 2023 in 3 months will be a little challenging if your base is not strong and if you are appearing for CAT for the first time. But you can give it a try by following a result-oriented approach.
Is it possible to do CAT preparation in 3 months?
Yes, if the candidates are focused on the study then they can crack CAT in 3 months. In the above article, we have shared expert tips that you can follow.
How many hours do I need to invest daily to crack CAT in 3 months?
A daily investment of 6-8 hours is required to crack CAT in 3 months.
Can I prepare for CAT in 3 months by Self Study?
Yes. Self-study is the thing that every candidate must follow. It will help you learn chapter-wise concepts, needed to score good rank in the exam.