GRE tests the skills that you have acquired over the years in verbal, quant and reasoning sections. It is the sort of exam that can pave your path to your haven, to your dream grad school. But it’s not going to be a picnic; you will have to dedicate each and every second of your free time, including the free time you get from your job, to learning and practicing for your GRE exam. Even after making a schedule with the confidence of following it at all costs, the biggest challenge faced by any aspirant is what study material to opt for and which book to choose as your guide. For decades, there have been a lot of study materials that have shown their worth in spite of being a tad bit expensive and are still going strong in the community of GRE aspirants. Let’s take a quick look at all GRE books that have been tagged as best and should be considered so that one has a detailed knowledge of the concepts.
- The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test by ETS, 2nd Edition:
This book is said to be the Holy Grail for the GRE aspirants. So, if you are planning on purchasing a single book, then this should be the one. The official guide by ETS is written by the people who prepare the questions for the GRE test. Even though the tone used in the book is not too friendly, but undoubtedly it will prepare you for the final battle without leaving any stone unturned.
The cost of this book on the official site of ETS is: $38.00
Book’s price on Amazon: $ 17.5
- Barron’s 6 GRE Practice Tests:
This book is best opted for its sheer content. The practice sheets present fills the candidate with confidence and helps them understand the pressure imposed in the real-time environment, making them ready for the D-day.
Cost: Barron’s Site- $14.99
- The Manhattan GRE Series (MGRE) – Books One Through Eight:
This series of books contains eight volumes covering each aspect and every section of GRE, designed by people who have years of teaching experience that apparently drips from teaching techniques used in the book.
Cost: Manhattan Site: $32.00 – $148.00*
Amazon Site: $11.00 – $140.00*
*Depends on the number of books purchased.
- The Princeton Review, Cracking the GRE, 2017 Edition:
This book is still very famous in the GRE community for its big picture strategies which are absent in the official guide of GRE, making learning fun and easy.
Cost: Princeton Review Site: $23.99
The above are a few books that a GRE aspirant should consider to prepare well.
However, if you are looking for books that are section-specific, then consider these books:
- Best book for GRE verbal:
- ETS’s Official GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions:
- This book is designed by ETS specifically for the verbal section of GRE, and since, ETS is the creator of GRE questions, understanding problems and its level becomes easier.
- Cost: ETS Site: $20.00
- The Manhattan verbal reasoning:
- These books belong in the series of The Manhattan GRE Series (MGRE).
- Best GRE quantitative books:
- Official GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions, by ETS:
- This book for GRE Quantitative Reasoning was designed by ETS with the thought of giving an insight view of the quant questions asked in GRE.
- Cost: ETS Site: $20.0
- The Manhattan quantitative aptitude :
- This book belongs in the series of The Manhattan GRE Series (MGRE).
These are a few books that make your preparation for GRE strong and will help you feel confident before attempting the exam.
BYJU’S will be glad to help you in your GRE preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GRE from us by just giving a missed call at +918884544444, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at email@example.com.