Civil service examination 2018
The UPSC CSE 2018 notification is released. Aspirants can now apply for the 2018 IAS exam online through the official UPSC website. The UPSC accepts only online application. Read about how to apply for the UPSC civil services prelims exam 2018.
Every year, the UPSC conducts the civil services exam to recruit officers into the Indian civil services. Once selected, candidates can become officers in the IAS, IFS, IPS, IRS and a host of other services. There are three stages to this exam and the current released notification is to apply for the first stage only. The first stage is the UPSC CSE preliminary exam (commonly called the prelims) and this is like a screening test. Lakhs of candidates take this exam and only under 5% of those who take this clear this stage. Candidates who clear this stage will be eligible to take the UPSC mains exam, which consists of the written component and an interview, which is the final hurdle to cross over in the IAS pursuit.
Read more about the UPSC prelims exam format here.
How to apply for the UPSC prelims 2018?
The online application for the 2018 IAS prelims exam has started.
The last date for the receipt of application forms is 6th March 2018. Online application can be filled up to 6:00 PM, 6th March 2018. Date of the UPSC Prelims exam 2018: 3rd June 2018
The application form in in both Hindi and English, but applicants can fill it in English only.
The online application for the UPSC prelims 2018 consists of the following steps:
- Go to the website https://upsconline.nic.in/
- At the home page, you should click on the link: ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC
- You will be directed to the following page:
Here, click on the Part I registration.
- Then, you will be directed to a page which gives important instructions to the candidates for filling up the online application form. Read through the instructions carefully. Then, click on the button saying ‘Yes’ at the end and proceed.
- Once you click on Yes, you will go to the Part I Registration page. Here, you should fill in the details asked diligently. This page asks the basic details like name, parents’ name, qualification, address, etc.
- In this page, you should also specify the exam for which you are applying, that is, whether for the civil services, forest services, or both.
- After you finish part I, you should proceed to Part II of the registration. Part II consists of the stages given below:
- Payment of fees (except for exempt candidates)
- Exam centre selection
- Uploading the photograph and scanned signature
- Agreeing to the declaration
- After completing Part II, you should click on the ‘I Agree’ button. Following this, you will receive a Registration No. This number should be saved by you (either write it down in multiple places or take a printout of the page).
- This completes the registration process. You will get an auto-generated email from the Commission after your successful registration in your registered email address.
Details of Fee Payment
Please note that female, SC/ST and physically disabled candidates are exempt from paying the fees of Rs.100/-. (These candidates can skip steps 13 to 15 of the application process.)
Candidates can pay the fees in cash mode or through online mode.
Online mode: SBI net banking OR, credit/debit card
Cash mode: If you wish to pay by cash, you should opt for the “Pay-by-cash” mode option.
If you opt for the cash mode, after completion of registration, a challan will be generated. You should take a printout of this challan and deposit the cash at the nearest SBI branch after 24 hours of challan generation.
Please note that the ‘cash mode’ will be deactivated at 11:59 PM, 5th March 2018, that is, one day before the last date of online submission of application forms. Those applicants who have generated their pay-in-slip or challan before the deactivation time can still pay the fees at an SBI branch on the closing date (6th March).
Details of photography and signature
The scanned photograph and signature of the candidate should be in JPG format only. The size of each file should be less than 40 kb and more than 1 kb. Each file should have a resolution of 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit depth 24 bit.
In case of multiple registrations:
Applicants should avoid multiple registrations, but in case they are unavoidable, please note that the UPSC shall take into consideration the application with the higher Registration No/ID. So, that application should be complete and fees should be paid against that RID only.
Candidates are not required to submit any certificates in support of their claim to reserved status, disability, etc. These are required at the time of mains application only.
For more news and notifications regarding the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2018, keep visiting https://byjus.com/free-ias-prep. Happy Learning!