Army Chief Honors Field Marshal KM Cariappa and General KS Thimayya
- The Chief of the Army Staff, General Bipin Rawat, paid homage and unveiled statues of Field Marshal KM Cariappa and General KS Thimayya at Cauvery College, Gonikoppal, Kodagu District
- Field Marshal Kodandera “Kipper” Madappa Cariappa was the first Indian commander-in-chief (C-in-C) of the Indian Army.
- He is one of only two Indian Army officers to hold the five-star rank of field marshal; the other being Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
- He led Indian forces on the Western Front during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1947.
General KS Thimayya
- General Kodendera Subayya Thimayya, was a distinguished soldier of the Indian Army who served as Chief of Army Staff from 1957 to 1961 in the crucial years leading up to the conflict with China in 1962.
- Thimayya was the only Indian to command an Infantry brigade in battle during the Second World War and is regarded as the most distinguished combat officer the Indian Army has produced
World Youth Forum
- World Youth Forum is a platform built by promising youth that sends a message of peace, prosperity, harmony and progress to the entire world.
- Engaging youth from around the globe in an enriching convention, allowing them to express their views and recommend initiatives to decision makers and influential figures.
- The forum is a chance for you to engage with top policymakers, network with promising youth from the region and the world that are determined to create real change in the world we live in today.
- Col Rajyavardhan Rathore to attend World Youth Forum at Sharam El Shiekh, Egypt
- The Forum aims to provide a platform to the youth from all over the globe to engage with the key global policy makers.
- The forum will cover role of youth in business and innovation, challenges and making of future leaders, gender equity and women empowerment among other things.
- The Summit segment is expected to be attended by the Heads of State/Government, Ministers of youth from 14 countries and Representatives of UN, Arab League and African Union.
- A gurpurab in Sikh tradition is a celebration of an anniversary related to the lives of the Sikh gurus. Observance of these anniversaries is an important feature of the Sikh way of life.
- It is a compound of the word purab (or parva in Sanskrit), meaning a festival or celebration, with the word guru.
First Heli Expo India & International Civil Helicopter Conclave
- The 1st Heli Expo India and International Civil Helicopter Conclave-2017 was inaugurated in New Delhi
- The first issue of Pawan Hans Magazine Aviation Today was also unveiled by the chief guests on this occasion
- The year 2008 was declared as “The year of Helicopters” by the Ministry of Civil Aviation to add special dimension to the importance of the helicopters and the need to strengthen the helicopter industry in India in multi-faceted role of the Helicopter in operations such as National Disaster Management, Police Surveillance, Fire Fighting Activities, Medical assistance etc