Comments sought on draft guidelines for ground water extraction
- The Central Grounder Water Authority (CGWA) has sent Draft guidelines for “issuance of NOC” for ground water withdrawal and draft “Public Notice” to the Chief Secretaries of all the State and Administrators of Union Territories for their comments within 60 days
- Due to the increasing number of litigations in the National Green Tribunal, various branches of Tribunal are directing CGWA to ensure that the ground water withdrawal in the country should be in accordance with law. These guidelines will ensure an uniform regulatory framework across the country so that the discriminatory practices in regulation are either mitigated or minimized.
- The CGWA constituted by Government of India under Section 3(3) of the Environment (Protection) Act of 1986 has been regulating ground water development and management in the country.
Gram Samridhi Evam Swachhata Pakhwada
- It is a Ministry of Rural Development Program
- In partnership with State Governments and other Departments, Department of Rural Development organized Gram Samridhi Evam Swachhata Pakhwada from 1st October to 15th October, 2017.
- Disha Monitoring Portal would enable Members of Parliament to track progress in implementation of various centrally sponsored scheme in their constituency
- Gram Samvaad Mobile app allows a citizen to access information on and implementation of Rural Development schemes at Panchayat level
- Gram Samridhi Evam Swacchata Pakhwada was also an effort to prepare the Gram Panchayat Development Plan through extensive community participation specially of women and youth.
Purpose of the Campaign To Involve the Panchayati Raj institutions to:
- Engage the community in building clean, green villages,
- Generate awareness about different Government schemes
- Plan for sustainable livelihood options in the villages.
- Baseline ranking of 50,000 GPs to be taken up in Mission Antyodaya.