Adopt a Heritage Scheme
- The ‘Adopt a Heritage Scheme’ of Ministry of Tourism was launched on World Tourism Day i.e. 27thSeptember, 2017 by the President of India.
- Thereafter, Ministry of Tourism invited Private Sector Companies, Public Sector Companies and Corporate individuals to adopt the sites and to take up the responsibility for making our heritage and tourism more sustainable through conservation and development.
- This scheme is a unique endeavour of Ministry of Tourism in close collaboration with Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) which envisages developing monuments, heritage and tourist sites across India and making them tourist friendly to enhance their tourism potential and cultural importance, in a planned and phased manner.
What it intends to do?
- The project primarily focuses on development and maintenance of world-class tourist infrastructure and amenities which includes basic civic amenities and advanced amenities like Cleanliness, Public Conveniences, Ease of access, secure environment, illumination and night viewing facilities for an overall inclusive tourist experience that will result in more footfall from both domestic and foreign tourists.
Power Minister addresses the 3rd Global Investors’ India Forum
- Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Shri R. K. Singh addressed the 3rd Global Investors’ India Forum
- The theme of the event was ‘Ideate, Innovate, Implement and Invest in India’ and it was attended by global industry stalwarts.
The Associated Chambers of Commerce of India
- ASSOCHAM is a not for profit organization, facilitating reach of India to all businesses around the globe, for wanting to do business with India
- ASSOCHAM initiated its endeavor of value creation for Indian Industry in 1920. It is also referred to as the “Chamber of Chambers” having in its fold more than 400 Industry Chambers, Trade Associations and serving more than 4,50,000 Corporate Members from all over.
Coastal Shipping to get a boost as Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust and Karwar Port get Grants-in-aid under Sagarmala Coastal Berth Scheme
- JNPT gets Rs 25 Cr to develop its Coastal Berth
- The proposed berth at JNPT is expected to handle about 2.5 million Tons of the coastal traffic which includes coastal liquid traffic.
- It will facilitate easy and quick coastal movement of cement and edible oil through green channel, allow for about 45 hectare of storage space in the vicinity of berth and repurpose the existing shallow berth as a container terminal
- Govt of Karnataka gets Rs 50 Crore for developing Breakwater at Karwar Port
- Karwar Port is situated between New Mangalore Port and Mormugao Port. It is acclaimed as one of the best natural all weather ports on the west coast and provides all weather berthing facilities for ocean going vessels.
- It is the only port owned and administered by the State Government.
- The Coastal Berth Scheme aims to provide financial support to ports or state governments for creation of infrastructure for movement of cargo and passenger by sea or national waterways.
Vigilance Awareness Week to be observed from 30th October to 4th November
- The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has decided that this year the Vigilance Awareness Week would be observed from 30th October to 4th November, 2017. The theme of the week would be “My Vision-Corruption Free India”
- The observance of the Vigilance Awareness Week would commence with the Integrity Pledge by public servants in the Ministries/Departments/Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs)/Public Sector Banks (PSBs) and all other Organisations
What is being done?
- Observance of Vigilance Awareness Week every year is part of a multi-pronged approach of the Commission wherein one of the strategies is to encourage all stakeholders to collectively participate in the prevention of and the fight against corruption and to raise public awareness regarding the existence, causes and gravity of and the threat posed by corruption.
- Outreach activities for public/citizens include the display of hoardings, banners, posters and distribution of handouts etc. at prominent locations/places in offices/field units and also at places with public interface, organization of grievance redressal camps for citizens/customers by organisations having customer oriented services/activities and the taking of the online “Integrity Pledge” developed by the Commission.
- Seminars, discussions and other outreach events have been planned involving the private sector, professional associations, trade unions and associations for wide participation of all sections of civil society
- “Awareness Gram Sabhas” are being organized for dissemination of awareness in Gram Panchayats (in rural and semi-urban areas) to sensitise citizens on the ill-effects of corruption.
- A new feature is the establishment of ‘Integrity Clubs’ in schools and colleges as children are the future assets of the country and it is important to cultivate moral values in them.
- Organizations will also conduct activities for mass awareness such as marathons, walks, bicycle rallies, human chains, street theatre, etc. in various cities and towns across the country.
- Many organizations will extensively use bulk SMS/E-mail, Whatsapp, electronic, print and social media for spreading awareness.
International Conference on Consumer Protection
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated international conference on consumer protection for east, south and southeast Asian countries
- It is for the first time an international conference on consumer protection is being organised by India for countries of the region
- The two-day conference is based on theme ‘Empowering Consumers in New Markets’ against the backdrop of the new UN guidelines on consumer protection calling for greater international cooperation, and will provide a platform to discuss and deliberate upon different aspects of consumer protection, said the statement.
- It is aimed at shared learning and will explore a way forward for enhanced regional cooperation on the subject
- A total of 22 countries from east, south and southeast Asia, which account for a majority of the global consumers and share common challenges and experiences, are participating.
Shri K.J. Alphons Wrote to UP Chief Minsiter Expressing Concern on the Attacks on two Switzerland Citizens in Fatehpur Sikri Yesterday