- EIMA Agrimach India 2017, the only business to business event of its kind offering a single venue interface between Indian & global players in the agri-machinery sector.
- Organized jointly by FICCI, FEDERUNACOMA in partnership with Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and Indian Council of Agricultural Research, the event is inspired by EIMA International, the second largest exhibition and conference on farm mechanization in the world.
- EIMA Agrimach India 2017 envisages showcasing the best and latest in agri-machineries, besides providing an excellent opportunity to Indian and overseas players catering to the entire value chain through vertical based national and international pavilions.
India and Cuba sign MoU for enhanced cooperation in the health sector
- The objective of this MoU is to establish comprehensive inter-ministerial and inter-institutional cooperation between the two countries in the field of health by pooling technical, scientific, financial and human resources with the ultimate goal of upgrading the quality and reach of human, material and infrastructural resources involved in health care, medical education & training, and research in both countries.
- Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Divas will be observed on 6th December.
Why dr. ambedkar mahaparinirvan diwas is celebrated?
- B. R. Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Diwas is observed every year by organizing a function by the city corporation and SCs and STs State Government Employees’ Association to commemorate the great contribution of the Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar towards the country.
- His great efforts help a lot to keep the country united. The constitution of India written by the Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar is still guiding the county and helps it in emerging out safely even after it had passed throughout the several crises.
- Ambedkar Foundation has been set up by the Indian Government (on 24th of March in the year 1992) so that the people all over the country can get his message of social justice.
Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI)
- The government has launched Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI). Through this programme, the Government aims to reach each and every child under two years of age and all those pregnant women who have been left uncovered under the routine immunisation programme.
- The special drive will focus on improving immunization coverage in select districts and cities to ensure full immunization to more than 90% by December 2018.
- Intensified Mission Indradhanush will have inter-ministerial and inter-departmental coordination, action-based review mechanism and intensified monitoring and accountability framework for effective implementation of targeted rapid interventions to improve the routine immunization coverage.
- IMI is supported by 11 other ministries and departments, such as Ministry of Women and Child Development, Panchayati Raj, Ministry of Urban Development, Ministry of Youth Affairs among others.
- The convergence of ground level workers of various departments like ASHA, ANMs, Anganwadi workers, Zila preraks under National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM), self-help groups will be ensured for better coordination and effective implementation of the programme.
- Intensified Mission Indradhanush would be closely monitored at the district, state and central level at regular intervals. Further, it would be reviewed by the Cabinet Secretary at the National level and will continue to be monitored at the highest level under a special initiative ‘Proactive Governance and Timely Implementation (PRAGATI)’.