- Ministry of Tribal Affairs along with Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation Ltd (TRIFED), is organizing “AADI MAHOTSAV” a celebration of the spirit of Tribal Culture, Cuisine and Commerce.
- It is going to be held at Dilli Haat New Delhi
- The Theme of the festival: A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Cuisine and Commerce
What does the festival have?
- The festival will feature exhibition-cum-sale of tribal handicrafts, art, paintings, fabric, jewellery and much more through 160 stalls
- A special feature of the festival is Tribal India cuisine, recreated and presented in delectable forms to suit urban tastes by special tribal chefs.
Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team (APCERT) Conference
- The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under the aegis of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology organizing the Asia Pacific Computer Emergency Response Team (APCERT) Conference in New Delhi
- This is the 15th Conference of APCERT and first ever conference in India and South Asia and is expected to be attended by 21 economies.
- The conference theme is “Building Trust in the Digital Economy”.
- APCERT will work to help create a Safe, Clean and Reliable cyber space in the Asia Pacific Region through global collaboration.
- This conference would cover contemporary topics around strategies of CERTs, Technology and Instruments for building trust in digitally evolving economies and best practices for handling cyber security in mobile and social media.
- APCERT will maintain a trusted contact network of computer security experts in the Asia Pacific region to improve the region’s awareness and competency in relation to computer security incidents
- Promoting collaborative research and development on subjects of interest to its members
- Jointly developing measures to deal with large-scale or regional network security incidents;
‘India State Level Disease Burden’ report
- The India State-level Disease Burden Initiative, a joint initiative between the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), and Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare along with experts and stakeholders associated with over 100 Indian institutions
- These estimates are based on analysis of all identifiable epidemiological data from India over quarter of a century.
- For the first time, a study estimated the key drivers of disease, disability, and premature death in all 29 states, many of which have populations the size of large countries, and include people from over 2000 different ethnic groups
- The research analysed 333 diseases and injuries and 84 risk factors for each state in India between 1990 and 2016, as part of the Global Burden of Disease study.
Significance of report
- The data and results shared by the India State-level Disease Burden Initiative in its report, scientific paper, and the online visualization tool will serve as a useful guide for fine-tuning data driven health planning specific for health situation of each state of the country
- The open-access visualization tool that is being released today shows disease and risk trends in each state 1990 to 2016 in a simple manner, which can be of much use for policy makers
National Power Portal (NPP)
What is it?
- NPP is a centralised system for Indian Power Sector which facilitates online data capture/input (daily, monthly, annually) from generation, transmission and distribution utilities in the country and disseminate Power Sector Information (operational, capacity, demand, supply, consumption etc.) through various analysed reports, graphs, statistics for generation, transmission and distribution at all India, region, state level for central, state and private sector.
What does it do?
- The NPP Dashboardhas been designed and developed to disseminate analyzed information about the sector through GIS enabled navigation and visualization chart windows on capacity, generation, transmission, distribution at national, state, DISCOM, town, feeder level and scheme based funding to states.
- The system also facilitates various types of statutory reports required to be published regularly
.The Dashboard would also act as the single point interface for all Power Sector Apps launched previously by the Ministry, like TARANG, UJALA, VIDYUT PRAVAH, GARV, URJA, MERIT.
Who implements it?
- The Nodal Agency for implementation of NPP and its operational control is Central Electricity Authority(CEA).
- The system has been conceptualized, designed and developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- NPP is integrated with associated systems of CEA,Power Finance Corporation(PFC), Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) and other major utilities and would serve as single authentic source of power sector information to apex bodies, utilities for the purpose of analysis, planning, monitoring as well as for public users.
- The system is available 24×7 and ensures effective and timely collection of data
- It standardized data parameters and formats for seamless exchange of data between NPP and respective systems at utilities
India International Trade Fair
- With the theme “Start-up Standup”, the 37th India International Trade Fair (IITF) is all set to flag-off with around 22 countries and 3,000 domestic and foreign companies as participants.
- Organised by the India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), the event will be held from November 14-27 at Pragati Maidan
- The partner country for the fair in 2017 is Vietnam, and the focus country is Kyrgyzstan.
India Trade Promotion Organization
- ITPO the premier trade promotion agency of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India is committed to showcase excellence achieved by the country in diverse fields especially trade and commerce.
- ITPO is headquartered at Pragati Maidan
- ITPO is a Mini-Ratna Category-1 Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) with 100 percent shareholding of Government of India.
- India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) was incorporated by merger of Trade Development Authority (TDA), a Registered Society under Ministry of Commerce & Industry, with Trade Fair Authority of India (TFAI) with effect from 1 January 1992.
- ITPO provides a wide spectrum of services to trade and industry and acts as a catalyst for growth of India’s trade.
- ITPO approves holding of international trade fairs in India and regulates holding of various expositions in India primarily to avoid any duplication of efforts while ensuring proper timing.
- It manages India’s world class exhibition complex which is constantly upgraded to keep it in a high standard of readiness.
- ITPO is also providing assistance to State Governments in setting up Regional Trade Promotion Centres (RTPC) in various State’s Capital and major cities
- It has played a proactive role in catalysing trade, investment and technology transfer processes
World Diabetes Day (WDD)
- It was created in 1991 by IDF and the World Health Organization in response to growing concerns about the escalating health threat posed by diabetes. World Diabetes Day became an official United Nations Day in 2006 with the passage of United Nation Resolution
- WDD is the world’s largest diabetes awareness campaign reaching a global audience of over 1 billion people in more than 160 countries
The World Diabetes Day campaign aims to:
- Be the platform to promote IDF advocacy efforts throughout the year.
- Be the global driver to promote the importance of taking coordinated and concerted actions to confront diabetes as a critical global health issue.
- 199 million women with diabetes
- 313 million by 2040
- diabetes is a leading cause of death among women
- 2 out of 5 women with diabetes are in reproductive age
- 1 in 7 births are affected by gestational diabetes
What is Diabetes?
- Diabetes is a disease in which your blood glucose, or blood sugar, levels are too high. Glucose comes from the foods you eat. Insulin is a hormone that helps the glucose get into your cells to give them energy.
- Type 1 Diabetes and Insulin Dependence
- Also known as diabetes mellitus, type 1 diabetes is a chronic health condition traditionally characterized by elevated levels of glucose in your blood, often simply called “high blood sugar.”
- Type 2 Diabetes: Virtually 100 Percent Curable
- The far more common form of diabetes is type 2, which affects 90 to 95 percent of diabetics. In this type, your body produces insulin but is unable to recognize and use it properly. It is considered an advanced stage of insulin resistance. Insulin resistance allows glucose in your body to increase and cause a host of complications.
PM exhorts people to pledge for leading healthier lifestyle to overcome diabetes, on the World Diabetes Day
President of India presents National Child Awards
- Encourage children who had shown exceptional achievement in any field including academics, arts, culture and sports etc
- Children between the age of 5 to 18 years who have shown an exceptional in any field including academics, arts, culture and sports etc. are eligible for this award.
- The National Child Awards include the National Child Awards for Exceptional Achievement that give recognition to children with exceptional abilities and outstanding achievements in the fields of innovation, scholastic achievements, sports, arts, culture, social service and music;
- National Awards for Child Welfare to institutions and individuals for their outstanding work in the field of child welfare; and the Rajiv Gandhi ManavSeva Awards to individuals for their outstanding contribution towards service for children.