All India Institute of Ayurveda becomes Fully Operational
- All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) has been established at Sarita Vihar, New Delhi as an Autonomous Body under Ministry of AYUSH on All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) pattern with all the infrastructure including doctors/staff.
- AIIA is a 200 bedded referral hospital and shall impart Post Graduate (PG) and Ph.D degree courses in Ayurveda. First batch of Post Graduate course has been started in 2016.
Ganga Swachhata Manch
- Ganga Gram vision is an integrated approach for holistic development of villages situated on the banks of River Ganga with active participation of the villagers. The objectives of Ganga Gram Project include solid and liquid waste management, renovation of ponds and water resources, water conservation projects, organic farming, horticulture, and promotion of medicinal plants.
- Ganga Swachhata Manch, a forum of individuals, academicians, civil society organisations and the like, which has been formed upon the initiative of Hon’ble Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation
- This Manch has been created for awareness creation, knowledge sharing, learning and advocacy for the Ganga Gram Project.
International Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre (IECC)
- IECC project will strengthen and diversify the roots of trade within India, while also giving a boost to India’s trade with different markets of the world.
Blue Flag Beach Certificate
- With prime objective of enhancing standards of cleanliness, upkeep and basic amenities at beaches, this Ministry has launched a pilot project for beach cleanup and development, also striving for the “Blue Flag” Certification for such identified beaches.
- Under the pilot programme, each of the coastal State/UT was requested to identify/nominate a beach, to be funded through the ongoing Integrated Coastal Management Programme.
- All the coastal States have nominated the pilot beaches in their receptive territories including Goa.
- Formal nominations are, however, awaited from the coastal UTs viz., Daman & Diu, Puducherry, Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar”
Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS)
- This Scheme [now renamed as Anganwadi Services under Umbrella ICDS Scheme] envisages the Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) and Anganwadi Helpers (AWHs) as “honorary workers” from the local community who come forward to render their services, on part time basis, in the area of child care and development.
- With an aim to provide each Anganwadi Centre with its own building, joint guidelines have been issued by Ministries of Women & Child Development, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj on 17.02.2016 for construction of 4 lakhs Anganwadi Centre buildings across the country by 2019 under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) in convergence with Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY)
- Government of India has announced Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana for citizen age 60 years and above.
- Maximum Entry Age: No limit
- LIC of India has been given the sole privilege to operate this scheme.
- The Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana has been launched on 4th May 2017.The scheme shall be available for one year from date of launch.
- This scheme can be purchased offline as well as online
- The modes of pension payment are monthly, quarterly, half-yearly & yearly. The pension payment shall be through NEFT or Aadhaar Enabled Payment System.
- On survival of the Pensioner during the policy term of 10 years, pension in arrears (at the end of each period as per mode chosen) shall be payable.
- On death of the Pensioner during the policy term of 10 years, the Purchase Price shall be refunded to beneficiary.
- On survival of the pensioner to the end of the policy term of 10 years, Purchase price along with final pension installment shall be payable.