All CSCs across the country will become Business Correspondents of Banks
- Union Minister for Electronics & IT and Law Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad today launched major services in a conference organized by CSC SPV showcasing the impact and progress made by the Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) in promoting rural Wi-Fi network infrastructure.
- The services that were launched are:-
- 5000 Digital Villages in India: Through Wi-Fi facility, people in 5,000 villages can now enjoy Internet connectivity. Wi-Fi Choupal aims to connect 2.5 lakh Gram Panchayats in the country through highly scalable network infrastructure i.e. optical fiber cable.
- MoU between CSC and IRCTC: CSC SPV has entered into an agreement with IRCTC for delivery of services through CSC centres. Now, CSC centres will be able to work as IRCTC agents. They would also be able to book general tickets.
- CSR Support by IndusInd Bank: IndusInd Bank is supporting CSC SPV for the digital literacy of 3 lakh candidates through CSR fund. The candidates are also certified under PMGDISHA.
- IT Minister addressing around 3,000 VLEs from across the country said, “All Wi-Fi choupals will become knowledge centers in India. In the age of technology, Information is power. Now, no villager should be able to go to cities for the services, as the same can be availed through CSCs.”
- He mentioned that recently, Hon’ Prime Minister appreciated CSCs efforts in Singapore which is a great recognition for all the CSC VLES. Shri Prasad announced that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to address CSV VLE’s on 15th of June.
- Hon’ Minister of Finance, Railways & Coal Shri Piyush Goyal also present at the conference announced that now, 90 lakh CSCs will be able to work as Business Correspondents (BCs). Shri Goyal said that “The expansion of Digital Technology in our country will add 5 % more growth in our GDP. CSC has the potential to change the social fabric of our country.”
- Aruna Sundararajan, Secretary-DoT said, “CSC SPV will become Public Data Office Aggregator. It will develop a powerful content delivery network. Rural India will get benefit of technology advancement and BharatNet will facilitate direct and indirect employment opportunities for many, and can contribute to the inclusive growth of India. The infrastructure created under Wi-Fi Choupal will be a national asset, accessible on a non-discriminatory basis to the service providers. CSC will also be used for first line maintenance of BharatNet in the country.”
- On the occasion, a special publication highlighting initiatives undertaken by CSC VLEs in Wi-Fi Choupal was also launched by the Hon’ Minister. Four VLEs from Haridwar, Gondia, and Seohar shared the success stories of CSC Wi-Fi Choupal which had given employment to several people including people from SC/ST communities.
Shri Piyush Goyal launches “Rail Madad”
Salient features of Rail Madad application are-
❖ Rail MADAD (Mobile Application for Desired Assistance During travel) registers a complaint with minimum inputs from the passenger (option of the photo also available), issues unique ID instantly and relays the complaint online to relevant field officials for immediate action. The action taken on the complaint is also relayed to the passenger through SMS, thus fast-tracking the entire process of redressal of complaints through digitization.
❖ Rail MADAD also displays various helpline numbers (e.g., Security, Child helpline etc) and provides direct calling facility for immediate assistance in one easy step
❖ All modes of filing complaints including offline and online modes are being integrated on a single platform, therefore the resultant management reports present a holistic picture of weak/deficient areas and enable focused corrective action by officials concerned.
❖ The data analysis would also generate trends on various performance parameters of a selected train/station like cleanliness, amenities etc thus making the managerial decision more precise and effective.
❖ Hierarchy based dashboard/reports will be available for management at Division /Zonal/Railway board level and sent through auto email to every concerned officer weekly