CAG Syllabus 2023 – The CAG Auditor and Accountant Syllabus is released by the Comptroller & Auditor General of India in detail on the official site. Knowing the Comptroller & Auditor General exam syllabus and exam pattern is extremely important for candidates to prepare well and ace the CAG exam.
Comptroller and Auditor General of India is the apex authority responsible for external and internal audits of the expenses of the National and state governments. It is popularly known as the CAG of India. To know in details about the Comptroller & Auditor General of India visit the linked page.
Candidates are advised to check the detailed CAG exam pattern and syllabus before starting with the preparation. Knowing about an exam’s syllabus is essential to start preparing for it. This article shall focus on the CAG syllabus. This information is expected to help aspirants prepare for this exam and hopefully clear it.
Candidates can also visit the linked article and get details about the upcoming government exams that comprise current affairs and general awareness as an important topic in the syllabus.
|Kickstart your competitive exam preparation now and complement it with the links given below:|
CAG Exam Pattern – Auditor & Accountant Exam Pattern
The Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) has released the Auditor and Accountant detailed exam pattern. The CAG exam pattern and syllabus can help in strategizing your preparation for the exam. The CAG Recruitment Exam is mainly conducted in two specific phases: Written Exam and Personal Interview Round. If the candidate manages to pass through both the levels then they are moved forward to a Third Round i.e., the Document Verification level.
The CAG Auditor and Accountant exam pattern is as follows –
- There is only one paper in which only one subject is asked.
- The exam is conducted in offline mode.
- The written exam will be an objective-type question comprised of 100 marks.
- Each Correct answer carries two marks and there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- Time allowed to complete the exam is 2 hours (120 minutes)
The table below gives the main highlights of CAG exam pattern –
|CAG Exam Pattern – Audit & Accountant Exam Pattern|
|Subject||Total Number of Question||Total Marks||Exam Time Duration|
|Financial Accounting||100 Questions||200 Marks||120 Minutes|
CAG Auditor & Accountant Syllabus
The CAG exam is incredibly tough and demands a lot of preparation because only a few hundred vacancies are released for recruitment. Hence it is crucial for candidates to prepare with the right strategy, the right syllabus and the study material.
Given below is the topic-wise CAG Syllabus for aspirants assistance –
Check the important topics of financial accounting asked in the auditor & accounting exam.
|CAG Syllabus – Auditor & Accountant Syllabus|
|Basic concepts of accounting||
|Basic Concept of Economics and Introduction to Microeconomics||
|Theory of Demand and Supply||
|Theory of Production and Cost||
|Economic Reforms in India||
CAG Audit And Accountant Syllabus Preparation Tips
Candidates appearing for the recruitments by Comptroller and Auditor General of India must start the preparation and can refer to the below-mentioned tips to start the preparation:
- Candidates must revise the exam syllabus and prepare themselves for the CAG audit and accountant exam 2023 by regularly solving practice papers, mock tests and previous year question papers.
- CAG Comptroller Auditor and Accountant is a time-based exam so candidates must work hard on solving questions with a faster speed. This will be very helpful for the actual exam.
- Candidates must also keep in mind that the final selection is made based on merit, so scoring good marks in the written exam is extremely important.
- Preparing for an exam requires the most appropriate study material needed to prepare for the exam. Candidates must choose the best study material and stay updated with all the events happening across the world. This would help candidates score good marks in the exam.
Candidates must be cautious while selecting the books based on CAG Comptroller Auditor and Accountant syllabus and make sure that the entire syllabus of CAG exam is covered in detail in those books.
Candidates who wish to crack the Comptroller and Auditor General exam CAG need to put in a lot of hard work, be patient and stay determined during their exam preparation. You can refer to BYJU’S study materials which are well-structured and help you to understand the core concepts in a lucid manner.
All Government exam aspirants can also visit the Preparation Strategy for Competitive Exams page to get the best tips to ace the upcoming examinations.