The two major west flowing rivers are Narmada and Tapi(or Tapti). Other important rivers that flow from west to east are Mahi, Sabarmati, Luni, Tawa and Sharavati.
- It is located mainly in Madhya Pradesh.
- The Narmada River is also known as the Rewa River.
- The Narmada rises at an elevation of about 1,080 metres in the Maikala Range in eastern Madhya Pradesh
- It is a West flowing river.
- The River flows through Gujarat, Chhattisgarh Madhya Pradesh, and Maharashtra.
- The important tributaries of Narmada River are Kolar River, Shakkar River, Dudhi River, Tawa River, and Hiran River.
- Major Hydro Power projects in this river are Maheshwar Dam, Sardar Sarovar Dam, and Indira Gandhi Sagar Dam.
- The Tapti/Tapi River is located in Madhya Pradesh.
- It has a total length of about 700 km and drains an area of 65,300 square km.
- The river flows through the states of Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Gujarat.
- Kakrapar Dam, Ukai Dam, Girna Dam are the major projects on this river.
- The Suki, the Goma, the Arunavati, the Vaghur, the Amravati, the Purna, the Mona, and the Sipna are the major tributaries of the Tapti River.