National Commission for Women consists of :
- A Chairperson, committed to the cause of women, to be nominated by the Central Government.
- Five members to be nominated by the Central Government from amongst persons of ability, integrity and standing who have had experience in law or legislation, trade unionism, management of an industry potential of women, women’s voluntary organisations ( including women activist ), administration, economic development, health, education or social welfare; Provided that at least one Member each shall be from amongst persons belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes respectively;
- A Member-Secretary to be nominated by the Central Government who shall be:-
- An expert in the field of management, organisational structure or sociological movement, or
- An officer who is a member of a civil service of the Union or of an all India service or holds a civil post under the Union with appropriate experience