The ways in which Lion-tailed macaques can be protected are –
- By stopping encroachment into lion-tailed macaque habitats,
- Controlling hunting, road-kills and electrocution.
- Management of forest fragmentations,
- Restoration of degraded habitats and conservation breeding.
- Building bridges out of wooden ladders to link the canopies across a road easy passage through the forest.
Read more on the characteristics and habitat of Lion-tailed Macaque on the given link.
|Western Ghats – Importance, Biodiversity||Species in News|
|Asiatic Lion: Characteristics and Conservation Status||Biodiversity Hotspots|
|IUCN Red List||Alien Invasive Species|