Climate change poses a fundamental threat to the places, species and people’s livelihoods. A large part of the changes in the climate are caused by human activities and if immediate actions are not taken, it may severely affect the ecosystem as a whole. Given below are the measures that can be taken to prevent the change in climate:
- Avoid deforestation and plant more and more trees so the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere can be reduced
- Avoid using vehicles that emit greenhouse gases into the atmosphere and opt for public transport, bicycles or walk, if possible
- Becoming more energy efficient by turning off lights if not required, unplug devices that you are not using anymore, replace your light bulbs with energy-efficient light bulbs, etc.
- Do not overuse the natural resources
- Reuse, reduce and recycle is the best way to preserve the environment at an individual level. Recycling is a cost-effective and eco-friendly process that eliminates waste and doesn’t emit greenhouse gasses into the environment
- Encourage the use of renewable energies
- NCERT Notes: Causes Of Climate Change
- What is Deforestation?
- Biodiversity – Species, Genetics & Ecosystem Biodiversity
|Destruction of Ecosystem||What is the definition of the ecosystem?|
|What is Greenhouse Gas?||Climate Change in India|
|Environment and Ecology Questions in UPSC Prelims||Environment and Ecology Questions for UPSC Mains GS-3|