The following are the basic characteristics of horticulture:
- It is a type of agriculture dealing with fruits, flowers and ornamental plants.
- It requires large farms that are modern, scientific and self-contained units.
- Single crop is grown on a large scale.
- High capital investment is necessary to set up a horticulture unit.
- It requires large labour.
- It provides raw materials to factories for the processing of crops.
|GS 3 Structure, Strategy and Syllabus||Agriculture Questions for UPSC Mains GS 3|
|Topic-Wise GS 3 Questions for UPSC Mains||IAS Topper|
|IAS Officer||UPSC Age Limit|