The lion-tailed macaques are found in Western ghats in Southern India. The main features of the lion-tailed macaques are as follows –
- Lion-tailed macaques have black fur.
- They are characterised by the grey mane around their face.
- They have a small tuft on the tip of their tail.
- Their tail resembles a lion’s tail which is where the name ‘lion-tailed macaque’ comes from.
- Male Lion-tailed macaques are larger than the females.
- They also have cheek pouches like any other monkeys.
Read more on the characteristics and habitat of Lion-tailed Macaque on the given link.