Five largest or longest Mountain eagles in the world are –
- The Himalayan Mountain range – separating the plains of the Indian subcontinent from the Tibetan Plateau. It extends for about 2500 km between Indus and Brahmaputra gorges from west to east in an arc-shaped manner.
- The Alps mountain range – is the highest and most extensive mountain range of Europe, stretching approximately 1,200 kilometres across eight Alpine countries from west to east.
- The Atlas mountain range – The Atlas system is a series of mountain ranges in northwestern Africa that extend for more than 2,000 to 2500 kilometers from southwest to northeast across Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia. It separates the Mediterranean and Atlantic coastlines from the Sahara Desert.
- The Andes mountain range – The Andes or Andean Mountain Range is the longest continental mountain range in the world, stretching 8900 km from Tierra del Fuego in the south all the way to the continent’s northernmost coast on the Caribbean Sea. It is formed by a continuous highland along the western edge of South America.
- The Rocky mountains – The Rocky Mountain Range situated in western North America, stretches more than 4,800 km from the northernmost part of British Columbia, in western Canada, to New Mexico, in the Southwestern United States.
Further readings –
- Top 50 Highest Mountains In The World
- Longitudinal Division of Himalayas
- Types of Mountain Formations
|Important Mountain Passes in India||Major landforms of the Earth|
|Hindu Kush – Hindu Kush Himalayan (HKH) Region||Highest Peaks in States of India|
|Plateaus – Definition, Types, Formation||Top 25 Largest Desert in the World|