How To Crack JEE ?

A brief history on JEE

The JEE or Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the  IIT every year is a pan India competitive entrance examination which is conducted for the admission of qualifying students to the four-year professional engineering courses of B.E/B.Tech, the 5-year extensive course in Architecture of B.Arch or B.Planning course. The first IIT-JEE was conducted in 1960. Since then, a broad range of reforms has been brought about to the examination. From 2013, the JEE started to get conducted in a unique pattern, involving the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.The top 220,000 students who clear the JEE Mains will qualify to take the JEE Advanced exam based on their scores, as well as them qualifying to become the top 20% highest scorers of their class XII board examination. The JEE Advanced is conducted for admission to the 16 IIT and the Indian School of Mines. The JEE Mains is conducted for admission to IIIT (Indian Institute of Information Technology), the NITs(National Institue of Technology),   CFITs( Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology) and for admission to the dual degree program at IIEST Shibpur.

 

JEE 2016 Pattern

Here are some basic guidelines to be kept in mind considering JEE:

The 2016 JEE pattern remains the same as the previous year. It involves the consideration of 40% from the class XII board exam marks and the rest of the 60% from the marks obtained in the JEE Main score.

The students will be tested based on their proficiency in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths

Course Papers Subjects Duration
BE/B.Tech Paper I Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics 3 hours
B.Arch or B.Planning Paper II

Mathematics test – Part I

Aptitude Test –  Part II

Drawing Test – Part III

3 hours

 

Each correct answer gathers four marks, and each wrong answer garners one negative mark.

Dates of JEE Main

Offline exam: April 2, 2017

Online exam: April 8th & 9th, 2016

Here are a few tips you can keep in mind to ensure your success in JEE:

TIPS TO CRACK JEE  – SMART WORK  IS ESSENTIAL

When students are struggling to balance their preparation between their class XII exam preparations as well as their JEE Exam Preparations, smart work becomes an important criterion that has to be adopted by each student.

 

  1. CREATE A LIST OF TOPICS BASED ON IMPORTANCE

Smart work always involves studying that topic correctly that has the maximum chances to be asked in the exam. This does not mean one should ignore the topics with lesser frequency. But, one should make a list of the topics in each subject in descending order based on their importance in JEE and should work in that order. But remember not to ignore the lesser important subjects.

 

  1. UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPTS

One cannot make any use of rote learning in JEE exams. Understanding the concept in each and every topic in each subject is of utmost importance. First, the student must be able to entirely absorb the concept related to every topic and then start solving questions based on them.

 

  1. PRACTICE QUESTIONS

The more you practice, the more your chances are to get into an IIT. Once you understand the topics, your time comes to practice a maximum number of questions based on that particular topic . Practice helps you to increase your speed, which ultimately gives you an upper hand over the other competitors.

 

  1. HAVE A TARGET

Remember to keep a deadline in your mind within which you will have to complete studying a particular topic.This will help you to quicken the process of your preparation.

 

  1. KEEP FIT IN THE BODY AND MIND

One cannot take over any of the steps above if one is not in the pink of health. It is of primary importance to have a healthy body and a calm and composed mind to work with 100% efficiency

 


Practise This Question

The sum of first 9 terms of the series.
131+13+231+3+13+23+331+3+5+...