JEE Advanced 2017 exam date has been finalized. With the supervision of the Joint Admission Board(JAB), IITs of seven zones would be conducting the exam on May 21, 2017. As per some reliable sources, the process to register for the exam would start from April last week which would be on April 28, 2017(probably). The last date to register would be on May 2, 2017, with the last date of fee payment being May 4, 2017. The JEE Advanced is the examination at the second level of the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). Candidates aspiring to appear for this exam could do it for 2 times consecutively.
The applications from candidates interested to write the exam are expected from around the country and abroad. The exam is mainly conducted to provide admission for qualifying candidates for pursuing different Bachelor degree’s and Integrated Master’s or Bachelor-master Dual Degree in Architecture, Science, Pharmaceuticals and Engineering in ISM and IITs.
Candidates should make sure that they need not send the application form hard copy to the concerned authorities. To register for the exam, the applicants could visit and register the official site of the JEE advanced. Students are advised to read the instructions provided in the information brochure and fill the registration entries carefully. Once the application is submitted Finally, no changes will be allowed in the registration entries.
JEE Main 2017 – Fees
Candidates who wish to appear could pay their fees through net banking or debit card issued by State Bank of India (SBI) or by way of e-challan of SBI. Candidates who want to attend the exam from the Dubai exam centre could make payments using the credit or debit cards (international) that are issued by foreign banks and the ones issued outside India. Once the fee is paid, the candidates would be able to take the print out the details of registration which includes the Unique Registration Number.
Exam Fees in India
|Female Candidates||INR 1200/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||INR 1200/-|
|All Other Candidates||INR 2400/-|
|Exam fees Outside India|
|All Candidates||USD 135(SAARC Countries)|
|All Candidates||USD 270 (For NonSAARC Countries)|
For candidates eligible for this exam they should be in the top 2,20,000(which includes all categories)in the Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2017. Candidates have to score an aggregate of 75% marks in the exam to qualify (For SC/ST/PWD candidates it would be 65%). The Date of Birth should be falling or coming after October 1, 1992, which would be for general students and SC/ST candidates it should be falling or coming after October 1, 1987. Candidates could apply twice in consecutive years. The admit card for the exam would be available from May 10 until May 21.
Steps For Registering For JEE Advanced 2017
- Visit the official site of the exam.
- Once logged in, enter your Roll Number, Password, and Security Pin and click submit.
- You can create a new password for the exam portal after which the page would appear with the details of candidate submitted at the time of JEE Main Registration.
- You could enter the number of times you have attempted for the exam.
- You could choose the centre of the exam(three) in the cities provided by them.
- Select which question paper language you prefer(Hindi or English).
- Enter the category and status of scribe the status.
- Cross check all the entered details and submit it.
- You could upload your photo in JPEG format with the size between 50 KB to 300 KB.
- After uploading the image, you could upload necessary documents like educational certificates, PIO card or OCI certificate (if necessary).
- Once the certificates are uploaded, you could pay your fees online using SBI Debit/Credit card.
- Once you have paid the fees, take a printout of it for future reference and as proof of application.
Preparation for JEE Mains & JEE Advanced requires a lot of work. Know more about JEE Preparation strategies and BYJU’S shortcut techniques to solve a JEE question in less than a minute.