The construction of triangle using SSS criteria is possible when all the three sides are known to us. The requirement for construction are : A ruler and a compass.
Let us consider a triangle ABC, having the measurement of sides equal: AB = 7 cm, BC = 4 cm and CA = 6 cm. The steps for construction of triangle are:
- Step 1: Mark a point A.
- Step 2: Measure the length of 7 cm using compass and scale.
- Step 3: With the help of Compass mark an arc placing pointer at point A.
- Step 4: Mark a point B on the arc.
- Step 5: Now measure the length of 6 cm.
- Step 6: Again using compass mark an arc above point B using the same point (A).
- Step 7: Measure the length of 4 cm.
- Step 8: Using the compass placed at point B cut an arc such that it crosses the previous arc.
- Step 9: Name the point as C where the two arc cross each other.
- Step 10: At the end, join the points A, B and C with the help of a ruler to give the required triangle.
Thus, you obtain a triangle ABC of the required measurements.
To learn more about constructing triangles, download Byju’s The Learning App.
Practise This Question