Logarithm questions with answers are provided for students to solve them and understand the concept elaborately. These questions are based on the logarithm chapter of Class 9, 10 and 11 syllabi. Practising these problems will not only help students to score good marks in academic exams but also participate in competitive exams conducted under state or national level, such as Maths Olympiad.
The logarithmic function is an inverse of the exponential function. It is defined as:
y=logax, if and only if x=ay; for x>0, a>0, and a≠1.
Natural logarithmic function: The log function with base e is called natural logarithmic function and is denoted by loge.
f(x) = logex
The questions of logarithm could be solved based on the properties, given below:
Questions on Logarithm with Solutions
1. Express 53 = 125 in logarithm form.
53 = 125
As we know,
ab = c ⇒ logac=b
Log5125 = 3
2. Express log101 = 0 in exponential form.
Given, log101 = 0
By the rule, we know;
logac=b ⇒ ab = c
100 = 1
3. Find the log of 32 to the base 4.
Solution: log432 = x
4x = 32
(22)x = 2x2x2x2x2
22x = 25
4. Find x if log5(x-7)=1.
Using logarithm rules, we can write;
51 = x-7
5 = x-7
5. If logam=n, express an-1 in terms of a and m.
6. Solve for x if log(x-1)+log(x+1)=log21
Since, log 1 = 0
(x-1)(x+1) = 1
Since, log of negative number is not defined.
7. Express log(75/16)-2log(5/9)+log(32/243) in terms of log 2 and log 3.
8. Express 2logx+3logy=log a in logarithm free form.
Solution: 2logx+3logy=log a
9. Prove that: 2log(15/18)-log(25/162)+log(4/9)=log2
10. Express log10(2+1) in the form of log10x.
11. Find the value of x, if log10(x-10)=1.
Solution: Given, log10(x-10)=1.
log10(x-10) = log1010
x-10 = 10
12. Find the value of x, if log(x+5)+log(x-5)=4log2+2log3
log(x+5)(x-5) = 4log2+2log3 [log mn=log m+log n]
log(x2-25) = log24+log32
log(x2-25) = log16+log9
13. Solve for x, if log(225/log15) = log x
Solution: log x = log(225/log15)
log x = log 152/log 15
log x = 2log 15/log 15
log x = 2
- If log x = m+n and log y=m-n, express the value of log 10x/y2 in terms of m and n.
- Express 3-2=1/9 in logarithmic form.
- Express log100.01=-2 in exponential form.
- Find the logarithm of 1/81 to the base 27.
- Find x if log7(2x2-1)=2.
|MATHS Related Links|
|Square Root Of 7||Table Of 6|
|Area Of Kite||Types Of Derivatives|
|Linear Graph||Math Symbols|
|Surface Area Of Cube||Properties Of Trapezium|
|Types Of Angles||Divisibility Rules|