MSBSHSE Class 9 Science Chapter 10 Information Communication Technology Solutions, a very significant study material from the MSBSHSE Class 9 Science examination point of view, has detailed answers with step by step solutions to the questions provided. These solutions given here will help the students to understand the basic concepts of the chapter.
Information Communication Technology covers main concepts such as Important components of a computer, Different types of software as well as Opportunities in the field of computers and so on.These concepts are discussed in detail in this chapter. Students can understand the subject by referring to these MSBSHSE Class 9 Solutions of Science Chapter 1 Laws of Motion. These solutions are prepared after proper research and will help students to get a thorough conceptual understanding of all the concepts. The content is so well-structured and so is easier for students to learn the subject. These solutions are also created as per the updated MSBSHSE Syllabus for Class 9. The solutions provided here are designed with the highly relevant answers and provide help to the students to master the subject for the academic year and set the foundation for higher classes.
Maharashtra Board Class 9 Science Chapter 10- BYJU’S Important Questions & Answers
1. Explain the role and importance of Information Communication in Science and Technology?
Answer: The role and importance of Information Communication in Science and Technology are given below:
It helps with the demonstration process- Some experiments and concepts in science are demonstrated easily and effectively via simulation and animation. Take the example of the functioning of the nervous system.
Used for prediction purpose– Predictions are made after compiling and processing information, as in meteorology.
Used for Collecting Scientific Information- Internet, emails, newsgroups, blogs, chat rooms, Wikipedia, video conferencing and so on.
2. Which application software in the computer system did you find useful while studying science, and how?
Answer: I have mentioned here some of the application softwares that I find useful while learning science:
- Calculator helps to verify the calculations done in subjects such as Physics and Chemistry
- Microsoft Excel helps to make me understand how to plot graphs between various physical quantities present in Science
- Microsoft Powerpoint enables me to make interactive presentations for various topics from Science.
3. How does a computer work?
Answer: The computer consists of the processor, the input unit, the processing unit and the output unit. Input unit: Every information or data is fed into the computer via this unit ,with the help of a keyboard. Now, the processing unit of a computer includes the Memory unit, the Control unit and the ALU unit. Finally, the result that is the solution or answer is sent to the output unit. The output unit is usually the screen or monitor or the printer. In the meantime, know the important components of a computer. Memory is where the data obtained from the input as well as the generated solution is stored by the computer. Memories are of two types- the internal memory and the external memory. Now, the internal memory is further divided into the Random Access Memory(RAM) and the Read Only Memory(ROM). Meanwhile, the program that provides a means of communication between the computer and the person operating it is the Disk Operating System or the DOS. A computer will not function without the operating system. A group of commands, known as Program, is also given to the computer. Data is the raw information in the unprocessed form.
4. What precautions should be taken while using various types of software on the computer?
Answer: Here are a few precautions to follow while using various types of computer softwares:
- Do not use too many softwares simultaneously as it might slow down the computer
- Use tabular form data while working on Excel. Enter data sequentially. Avoid using unnecessary space and special characters.
Meanwhile, while downloading a software,
- Authenticate the site from where it is being downloaded
- Install antivirus as a protection against harmful bugs
- Give limited and required amount of access permissions to the softwares
5. Which are the various devices used in information communication? How are they used in the context of science?
Answer: The various devices used in information, communication are Computer/laptop, Mobile phones, TV sets, Radio and so on. These devices enable easy dissemination of information in the scientific field.
- Super computers are used to analyse the weather conditions of a specific place and provide information about it.
- In the field of medicine, computers are also used to perform surgery. Analog computers can also be used to track the vital statistics, such as the heartbeat, blood pressure and more.
- Collect information about the happenings in the space
- Broadcast information about Agriculture in order to improve sustainability and productivity of agriculture to farmers living in remote areas
6. Explain the differences between the different generations of computers. How did science contribute to these developments?
Answer: Computers are said to have passed through five generations. The First generation computers were utilised during the period between 1946 and 1959. ENIAC Computers were manufactured in this period. Large Valves were involved in the construction of these computers. Because they consumed a large amount of heat, they used to shut down many times. The computers of present are the 5th generation computers. Second generation computers, during the period 1959-1965, these are transistor based and currently not in use. Meanwhile, the computers produced during 1965 to 1971 are the third generation computers, which are not in use now. These computers are integrated circuit based. Now, the fourth generation computers produced from 1971 to 1980 are VLSI Microprocessor based. Examples are the personal computers or the micro computers such as the palm top, desk top, laptop and so on. Finally, the computers manufactured from 1980 till date are the fifth generation computers that are still under process. Robots and AI are the examples.
As the technology in the realm of Science developed, there has been progress in the field of computers as well. As semiconductors were discovered, it led to the manufacture of transistors. These small sized transistors could easily replace the large vacuum tubes. In 1971, thousands of transistors were easily integrated on a single chip. Hence, the IC based computers were smaller, reliable and less expensive. Finally, this 5th generation computers are still being developed, AI and human reasoning are being incorporated into these computers.
7. What is the term Information Communication Technology (ICT) ?
Answer: Information Communication Technology (ICT) consists of communication devices and the utilisation of those devices along with the services provided with their help.
8. What are the uses of the devices used in information communication technology?
Answer: Devices utilised in information communication technology are used for generating information, for classifying, communicating, saving/storing and managing information and more. For example, the telephone is a device used to share information by conversing with someone.
9. What is RAM (Random Access Memory)?
Answer: The internal memory is of two kinds, one of which is the RAM or Random Access Memory produced from electronic components. An electronic component will operate only as long as it gets electricity.
10. What is a ROM (Read Only Memory)?
Answer: The Read Only Memory or ROM is also part of internal memory. Data found here can only be read. It is not possible to make any changes to the information stored here.
10. What is the Operating system?
Answer: A program that provides a means of communication between the computer and the person working on it is known as the DOS or Disk Operating System. A computer will not function properly without the operating system.
11. What is a program?
Answer: A group of commands given to a computer is the program.
12. What is data and information?
Answer: Data is the raw information that is unprocessed.
13. Which are the two main components of computers?
Answer: Hardware and Software make up the two main components of computers. All the electronic and mechanical components of the computer are called the hardware, while the software is the command given to the computer, the information supplied to it(input) and the results obtained after analysis from the computer, known as the output.
14. How to use Microsoft Word to create a document and write equations?
Answer: Steps to use the Microsoft word is given here:
Step 1- Go to the Microsoft Windows 2010 icon on the desktop. Click on it.
Step 2- Choose the ‘New’ option in the ‘File’ tab, and then go to the ‘Blank document’ option.
Step 3- Use the keyboard and type your material on the blank page on the screen. Make use of the language, font size, bold and so on options found in the Home tab to make the typed material attractive.
Step 4- In order to type equations in the text go for the ‘Equation’ option from the ‘Insert’ tab.
Step 5- Choose the proper equation and then type it with the help of mathematical symbols.
15. Steps to using Microsoft Excel to draw graphs based on the obtained numerical information.
Answer: Here are the steps to using Excel:
Step 1- Find the Microsoft Excel 2020 Icon on the desktop, click on it
Step 2- Click on first the ‘New’ and then the ‘Blank’ option from the ‘File’ tab
Step 3- Enter the information that is to be used to draw the graph, on the ‘sheet’ on the screen.
Step 4- On finishing the typing,‘Select’ the information and then go to the required graph
in the ‘Insert’ tab.
Step 5- Analyze the information with the help of graph
16. When is ‘smart tag’ used?
Answer: We may use ‘drag and fill’ data so many times. During these times, the ‘smart tag’ is to be used after ‘drag data’ in order to fill any data in any manner as required.
17. Create a presentation using Microsoft Powerpoint.
Answer: Step to create presentation are as follows:
Step 1- Go to the Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 icon on the desktop, open it
Step 2- Keep ready the material and pictures related to the topic on which presentation has to be made
Step 3- Click on the ‘New’ option under the ‘File’ tab and then select the ‘Blank slide’ option. (select the kind of slide according to the presentation.)
Step 4- Enter the information required on the blank slide and insert pictures.
Step 5- Select the Design’ tab to design your slide.
Step 6-. ‘Animation’ tab can be used to animate the slide and make a slideshow.
18. What is A PDF or Portable Document Format file used for?
Answer: A portable document format file also known as the PDF is used to view the file to print it or to handle files.
19. What is an internet explorer?
Answer: A kind of Search Engine that helps to find the information required from all the data on the internet is the internet explorer.
20. Cite an example where information communication technology is used for demonstration?
Answer: The example where information communication technology is used for demonstration is functioning of the nervous system.
21. What are the opportunities in the Software field?
Answer: The opportunities in the software field are classified into application program development, software package development, operating systems and utility development, special purpose scientific applications and so.
22. Which was the first super computer? How was it manufactured?
Answer: The first Indian supercomputer, (the Param computer) was produced with help from C-DAC, the well known Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, situated in Pune. Guidance for manufacturing this computer was given by the senior scientist Vijay Bhatkar. Param is known as the supreme. This computer is capable of performing one billion calculations per second. It is made use of in a variety of fields like space research, movements in the interior of the earth, research in oil deposits, medicine, meteorology, engineering, military and so on.
23. What is ISCII code?
Answer: The ISCII code also known as Indian Script Code for Information Interchange is used for writing different language scripts.
Meanwhile, students can also look at MSBSHSE Class 9 Solutions, textbooks and syllabus to prepare most effectively for the exams. Stay tuned to get more information about stateboard exams.