Bachelor of Science Nursing or B.Sc Nursing is an undergraduate course covered over 4 years and is an eminent field of medicinal science. The minimum requirement for this course is to clear class 12 board exams with majors in Biology or must have a diploma in Nursing in order to apply for the course.
The main objective of the course is to gear up students to serve mankind through the field of medicine with utmost devotion and endearment. It revolves around the wellness of the society mainly drawing attention towards the maintenance and recovery of health solutions thereby improving its scope. Almost all colleges present the 4 year-long academic educational course along with a 1-year duration as a junior staff nurse where the prime focus lies in nurturing the wounded and sick, fuelling the healing process. Thereby, the syllabus includes subjects pertaining to the human body, such as physiology, human anatomy, nutrition, biochemistry, psychology, and much more.
B.Sc Nursing – Eligibility Criteria
In order to get admitted to a B.Sc Nursing program, one must fulfil the following criteria in addition to clearing the entrance test. Criteria are as follows:
- To fill up the B.Sc application form 2020 and seek admissions thereby, one must have passed class 12 board exams
- Must have PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and majors in their 10+2 class
- Must have passed the class 12 exam with a minimum of 50% marks for general category candidates and for candidates belonging to the reserved category, the minimum requirement is 40%.
B.Sc Nursing Application Form, Admission Process and Colleges
To get admitted to a nursing college and pursue B.Sc in nursing one needs to clear the entrance exam of the corresponding state. With this article, one will be aware of how to fill the B.Sc nursing 2020 application form, the step-by-step process and details of colleges dedicated to particular entrance exams. Read this space to find out the latest updates on B.Sc nursing form 2020 date and get complete details.
Multiple Entrance Exams
In order for students to pursue B.Sc nursing course, entrance exams must be given which is different for different states, state-wise exams are carried out individually unlike the MBBS or BDS courses wherein NEET is the qualifying exam. Listed below are some of the entrance tests to be taken up if nursing is your calling.
Nursing Entrance Test – AIIMS
To pursue B.Sc nursing course at AIIMS institute, one must clear the entrance test carried out by AIIMS. Once you qualify the test, admissions across any of the AIIMS institutes in India can be obtained. The B.Sc Nursing Application form 2020 at AIIMS necessitates the filing of the form online. Some details related to it:
- The application process can be explained in two steps
- Submit registration form for basic registration formalities. This gives you a preview of your application form filled up. You can edit for changes, if any, within the stipulated time
- You will be updated of your application post the above-mentioned step
- Changes, if any, can be made within the specified time
Visit the official website for AIIMS to get the latest updates on the exam date, admit card etc. Make note of the important dates to avoid missing out on any of the critical steps in the process of application.
Students belonging to the state of Maharashtra must qualify the MHT-CET exam to seek admissions to Nursing courses. The online filling up of the B.Sc nursing form commences from 7th January up till 29th January.
The state of West Bengal conducts a joint test for nursing, allied sciences, and paramedical sciences. The conducting body of the exam is West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. To seek admissions in one of these prestigious institutes of West Bengal, one needs to qualify this test. From this year onwards, the exam will be referred to as JENPAS UG 2020. The application form for B.Sc nursing must be filled online on the WBJEE website.
Some points regarding the same:
- Commencement of online registration from 23rd January up till 13th February 2020
- Form correction between February 14 -16th
- Admit cards usually released in the month of May
- It is a 2-hour test, dates to be announced soon
B.Sc Nursing Course – State Admission – Other States
Different states have their corresponding entrance test for B.Sc nursing aspirants. Few of these are as mentioned:
1. Rajasthan – RUHS conducts the entrance test for nursing course. The application form for B.Sc nursing 2020 will be accepted up till October 2020 first week
2. Punjab – Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot conducts the PPMET test. Check the official website for the same for the latest on it. Earlier, B.Sc Nursing application form was scheduled to release in the last week of July
3. Gujarat – aspirants can take up the Gujarat Common Entrance exam to pursue B.Sc nursing in the state of Gujarat.
4. Uttar Pradesh – the Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences conducts the entrance exam for admissions to the course. Previously, aspirants could submit the B.Sc Nursing online form 2020 up till August (second week). Check its official website for the latest.
5. Bihar – in the state of Bihar, to pursue B.Sc nursing course, the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam must be cleared.
6. Madhya Pradesh – in the state of Madhya Pradesh one needs to fill in the B.Sc nursing application form 2020 and appear for the pre-nursing selection test
7. Odisha – In Odisha, the Directorate of Nursing Odisha conducts the B.Sc nursing entrance exam. The form for B.Sc Nursing admission 2020 can be submitted up till September 2020 (last week)
This was a brief on some states. Likewise, different states carry out their corresponding entrance tests to place students into B.Sc nursing colleges. Dates, procedures vary state-wise. One can visit the respective state’s medical authority website for complete details.
B.Sc Nursing – Other Points
- The Indian Nursing Council (INC) administers the B.Sc Nursing entrance exam 2020
- The council ensures that there is uniformity in the syllabus and also in auxiliary nursing, midwifery and nursing programmes throughout the country
This was a guide to help you out with the filling up of the B.Sc Nursing application form 2020 for different states. Stay tuned to BYJU’S for more related information.