Hormones, the chemical messengers, found in the gut are critical in regulating the intake of food and energy expenditure. The body’s biggest hormone-producing structure, the gut secretes more than 20 various peptide hormones, some of these affect the eating pattern, sensation of pleasure during nibbling while some others target the brain to control appetite and so on.
1. Which of the following statement about Enterogastrone?
(a) The hormone secreted by the intestinal mucosa
(b) The hormone secreted by mucosa
(c) The hormone secreted by related to digestion
(d) The hormone secreted by the gastric mucosa
2. Juice containing sodium glycocholate is secreted under the influence of _______.
3. Gall bladder contractions and Pancreatic secretion are triggered by_______
4. Cholecystokinin hormone which is released from the intestinal epithelium triggers___.
(a) Release of bile from the gallbladder
(b) Conversion of protein to peptones
(c) Conversion of fats into glycerol
(d) Secretion of pancreatic juice
5. The hormone secretin triggers ______.
(c) Crypts of Lieberkuhn
6. _________regulates the enzymatic quantity in pancreatic juice.
7. In a mammal, the release of pancreatic juice from the pancreas is triggered by ______.
8. Which of the following secretes secretin hormone?
9. The hormone gastrin is secreted by_______.
10. Secretion of gastric juice is controlled by ______.
(d) None of the above
Learn other important NEET MCQs and prepare for NEET at BYJU’S.