Rats are rodents possessing long tails and are typically medium-sized. Usually, they are differentiated from mice due to the size attribute, rats are large muroid rodents while mice/mouse is smaller. However, rats and mice, the common terms are not specific in terms of taxonomy.
1. Which of the following is the scientific name for the brown rat?
(a) Rattus rattus
(b) Rattus meltada
(c) Rattus norvegicus
(d) Bandicota bengalensis
2. Which of the following are the parts of the limb of a rat from the centre to the distal end?
(a) Autopodium, zeugopodium and stylopodium
(b) Zeugopodium, autopodium and stylopodium
(c) Stylopodium, zeugopodium and autopodium
(d) Stylopodium, autopodium and zeugopodium
3. Scales in rats are present on______.
4. These teeth are not found in rats_______.
(a) Incisors and molars
(b) Canines and molars
(c) Canines and premolars
(d) Incisors and premolars
5. Diastema is found in
(d) None of the above
6. Which of the following statement is true about the function of Vibrissae?
7. Which of the following organ is present in a rat and not in a frog?
8. Which of the following is the largest gland in the body of a mammal?
9. Which of the following is the important mammalian character of a rat?
(d) Mammary glands
10. Which of the following is a close-set hair covering a rat’s body?
(a) Pili tactiles
These were some MCQs on Morphology of a rat. Explore other NEET MCQs at BYJU’S.