Neurons are held in a complex network detailed to perform dedicated functions carrying messages comprising the neural or the nervous system. Higher animals possess the most complex nervous system. In the animal kingdom, the Brain is the most complicated structure possessing billions of neurons. The nervous system consolidates, syncs the activities of the organs on the basis of stimuli that the neurons identify and pass.
1. The falx cerebri developing from the durometer is present between
(a) Brain and spinal cord
(b) Cerebellar hemispheres
(c) Cerebral hemispheres
(d) Subdural and epidural space
2. Which of the following is the correct order of meninges from the inner side?
(a) Pia mater – arachnoid mater – durometer
(b) Pericardium – myocardium – endocardium
(c) Durometer – pia mater – arachnoid mater
(d) Durometer – arachnoid mater – pia mater
3. Space which separates arachnoid mater and durometer is ______.
4. Neurons are aided by following glial cells except for ______.
5. Which of the following structure at a synapse has the neurotransmitter?
(a) Schwan cells
(b) Synaptic cleft
(c) Synaptic knobs
(d) Synaptic vesicles
6. The action potential while the propagation of a nerve impulse is due to the movement of________.
(a) K+ ions from intracellular to extracellular fluid
(b) K+ ions from extracellular to intracellular fluid
(c) Na+ ions from intracellular to extracellular fluid
(d) Na+ ions from extracellular to intracellular fluid
7. In the left hemisphere, Broca’s area is related to_______.
(b) Smell sensation
(c) Impulses received from eyes
(d) Reasoning and learning
8. As a stimulant of the CNS, cocaine interferes with the reuptake of _________ at synapses
9. The synaptic vesicles a neuromuscular junction discharges______.
(d) none of the above
10. ______________ is the ability of neurons to initiate nerve impulses
BYJU’S also offers MCQs on other important topics for NEET. Explore them.