A type of protein, prions cause diseases in humans by animals through activation of normal healthy proteins in the human to abnormally fold. Explore important MCQs on Prions given below.
1. Neurodegenerative diseases such as mad cow and Kuru diseases are caused by infectious particles known as
2. This is not a prion disease
(b) Bovine spongiform encephalopathy
(c) Lewy body dementia
(d) Creutzfeldt Jakob disease
3. In human cells, this is the first virus to be cultured
(b) Influenza virus
(c) Dengue virus
(d) Polio virus
4. What causes scrapie in sheep?
5. ___________ is a protein having partial with no detachable nucleic acid
6. _____________ are the naked RNA strands infecting plants
(b) RNA viruses
7. What is the other name for Bovine spongiform encephalopathy?
(a) Kuru disease
(b) Mad cow disease
(c) Mad dog disease
(d) Sheep’s disease
8. What is the latent viral DNA contained in the host DNA referred to as?
9. In sheep, this disease characterizes pneumonia and demyelination
10. Lack of coordination and muscle twitching in a disease takes place due to this prion
(c) Kuru disease
Explore more on NEET at BYJU’S.