Admissions for all the seats of undergraduate medical courses shall be carried out through NEET-UG 2021. The different quotas under which seats are available are –
- State government quota seats
- All India Quota seats
- AIIMS Institutes across India/JIPMER Institutes
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- Central Universities/ Institutions/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/ Dental Colleges or any Private University/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical
- All seats inclusive of NRI Quota and Management Quota, in private aided/unaided minority / non-minority medical colleges
- For seats under the 15% All India Quota and 100% including 85% State quota seats of Central Institutions (ABVIMS & RML Hospital/VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital/ESIC) or Central Universities (including DU/ BHU /AMU)/ AIIMS/ JIPMER and Deemed Universities) shall be conducted by the DGHS for Undergraduate Medical or Dental Courses/MCC.
It must be noted that MCC only carries out registration for AFMC and passes the information of all the registered candidates to the AFMC Authorities to conduct admissions. The BHU/DU and other universities can use this score for other related courses which they get offered.
- Counselling for admissions to seats provided by the State Governments / State universities / UT Administrations /Institutions would be carried out by the particular authorities of the State governments in accordance with notifications produced by the concerned authorities.
- Results of NEET 2021 can be used by other firms of State and Central Government, as per the corresponding eligibility criteria/applicable regulations/other norms/rules/guidelines. Result data shall be used for B.Sc. (H) nursing courses as per their corresponding eligibility conditions /applicable regulations/ other norms/rules/guidelines. The NEET 2021 information shall be used for admissions to AH and BVSc courses in the 15% quota of the VCI in recognized Veterinary institutions. To obtain the results, the council must approach the MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- At the time of counselling, self-declaration, eligibility criteria, different documents etc. of the candidates are eligible to be verified in accordance with norms given by the corresponding authorities or/and Medical or Dental institutes.
- Based on the All India Rank in the Merit list of NEET 2021, the All India Merit list of all the qualified candidates shall be prepared. Candidates shall be admitted to the UG medical courses from the same list with the reservation policy. Admissions to UG medical courses for different categories is based on the All India Rank in accordance with the merit list of NEET 2021.
- Admission to the 15% All India Quota is as per the provisions of the Statutory Regulation of the NMC/MCI/DCI, procedure as per the MCC under the DGHS and judgements of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. Likewise, for admissions to 85%, State quota will be as per provisions of Statutory regulations of the NMC/MCI/DCI, prescribed rules and regulations by the Union/state government or their designated authority and judgements of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
Also see: NEET Eligibility criteria 2021
Admissions to State Medical Institutes/ Private Medical colleges for seats other than 15% All India Quota –
- Admissions to State Quota Seats are subject to the eligibility criteria and reservation policy, which prevails in the State/Union Territory as timely informed by the corresponding State/Union Territory
- For different categories, seat-reservation in colleges is as per existing laws in the respective state or union territory
- Admissions to UG medical programmes in private medical institutes are subject to laws of the Government of India or union territory or state
Admissions to JIPMER/AIIMS/Central Universities/GGSIPU/AFMC/ESIC medical institutes/Deemed universities –
- Counselling for admissions to MBBS and BDS for all the above-mentioned institutes shall be conducted by the DGHS. The reservation policy is applicable by such institutions or universities. Candidates willing to seek admissions to such institutions, on the basis of their NEET 2021 All India Rank, must register on the MCC website once results are declared. List of registered candidates shall then be passed to the AFMC officials to conduct counselling
- Admissions to AFMC, Pune is done on the basis of norms as per the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. Those candidates seeking admissions in AFMC must apply to AFMC on www.afmc.nic.in/www.afmcdg1d.gov.in. Then, AFMC conducts a second-stage screening test for shortlisted candidates. Counselling is carried out by DGHS. For further and exact information, contact AFMC
- Admissions to medical colleges under the central universities/AFMC/ESIC medical institutes are in accordance with the provisions of the Statutory Regulations of NMC/ DCI, Deemed Universities applicable procedure as specified by the MCC under DGHS and judgements of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India
- Common counselling for admissions to medical courses in the respective INIs is carried out by the DGHS in accordance with the schedule in the applicable Graduate Medical
Education Regulation (1997) amended timely
For all the forms where the counselling is carried out by the MCC under the DGHS, candidates must refer to the counselling scheme, which is put up on the MCC website. For organizations where counselling is as per the state/union government or their designated officials, candidates must pertain to the notification given out by the state or union government or their designated officials.
Counselling Instructions for MBBS/BDS Admissions By MCC
The MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) of DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services) for UG medical courses conducts online counselling. The MCC website makes available the information for online counselling. The candidates who have qualified must read and understand the information to know the course of action to be followed to appear for counselling.
The MCC carries out counselling for –
- 100% MBBS/BDS seat of the BHU OPEN
- 15% All India Quota seats MBBS/BDS seats of states (exception Jammu & Kashmir)
- JIPMER Open and Internal seats (domicile)
- AIIMS Open seats: 100% MBBS seats of AIIMS across all institutions
- 85% domicile seats of DU/I.P universities
- Jamia open seats
- AMU open and internal seats
- 15% All India Quota seats of ESIC and Insured persons quota seats
- AFMC – candidates who qualify and seek counselling/admissions in AFMC must register with the MCC of the DGHS. The DGHS/MCC sends the registration date to the AFMC officials. For further steps, the respective AFMC officials must be contacted. Visit the official website for AFMC for more details
Those candidates who are from the creamy layer and do not fall under the Central list of OBC must state “Unreserved” as their category.
A provision for information in the context of OCI/NRI candidates has been made to upload documents to claim as OCI/NRI/Foreign nationals.
In this current COVID-19 situation, to support candidates, the online Application Form is filled in 2 sets/phases – the required fields at the registration time for examination and all the optional fields before results are declared. Provision to upload documents for OCI/NRI/Foreign nationals shall be made available to the candidates at the time of the second phase.
Explore related articles at NEET BYJU’S.