Evolution is an important topic from an academic perspective. Students must learn important theories and principles proposed by Darwin and other prominent individuals who have contributed to this field. We have handpicked 10 questions which we think are quite important and every NEET aspirant must be aware of.
Important NEET Questions on Class 12 Chapter 7 Evolution
1. According to Darwin, organic evolution is due to
A. Competition with closely related species
B. Reduced feeding efficiency in one species due to the presence of another species
C. Intraspecific competition
D. Interspecific competition
2. The wings of a bird and the wings of an insects are
A. Analogous structures
B. Homologous structures
C. Phylogenetic structures
D. None of the above
3. Which of the following are most suitable indications of SO2 pollution in the environment?
4. Which of the following had the smallest brain capacity?
A. Homo habilis
B. Homo neanderthalensis
C. Homo sapiens
D. Homo erectus
5. A population will not exist in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium if ___
A. There are no mutations
B. Population is large
C. individuals mate selectively
D. Population has not migrated
6. In a population of 100 individuals, 360 belongs to the genotype AA, 480 to Aa, and the remaining 160 to aa. Based on this data, what is the frequency of allele A in the population?
7. The forelimbs of cat, lizard used in walking; forelimbs of whale used in swimming and forelimbs of bats used in flying are examples of ____
A. Adaptive radiation
B. Convergent evolution
C. Analogous organs
D. Homologous organs
Also check: Evolution Examples
8. Which of the following are analogous structures?
A. Gills of prawn and lungs of cow
B. Wings of pigeons and wings of bat
C. Flippers of dolphin and legs of rabbit
D. Thorns of bougainvillea and tendrils of cucurbita
9. Industrial melanism is an example of ____
A. Natural Selection
C. Neo Lamarckism
D. None of the above
10. What is common to a whale, shark and seal?
A. Seasonal migration
C. Subcutaneous fat
D. Convergent evolution
Also see: MCQs on Chromosome structure
Explore more NEET questions from Evolution by registering at BYJU’S.
Evolution Class 12 Biology