NEET State-wise rank list will be released by the state counselling authorities for seats to be occupied by the qualified candidates during NEET Counselling sessions. In total, there are 85% seats under the state quota in all the private medical institutions including dental colleges. The rank list for NEET is framed on the grounds of marks secured in the qualifying test.
Explore: Important Notes for NEET
NEET exams are carried out annually for students to occupy nearly 1 lakh+ seats inclusive of MBBS (76,928) and dental (26,949) courses presented by the private, government, central, and deemed institutes across the states. In addition to the conventional MBBS and BDS courses, this year onwards, State merit list for NEET will also be used for admissions to AYUSH, AH, and BVSc courses.
For NEET, the state counselling authorities shall conduct counselling in accordance with the state rank list of NEET UG exams. Hence, admissions to the private and government institutes across the state shall be carried out through the NEET state merit list. Only those students who qualify the exam will make it to the state merit list. For students to qualify the NEET-UG exam, they must clear the NEET cut-off score declared, which is the least qualifying score and percentile which must be secured to qualify. Once students make it to the NEET State merit list, there are some criteria of eligibility inclusive of qualification, domicile, etc that must be fulfilled by the candidate.
See more: Important NEET Questions
NEET State Wise Rank List – How Is It Framed?
- Candidates who clear the NEET cut-off score and qualify the exam for further rounds of counselling must ensure to carefully understand and read the eligibility criteria.
- Now proceed to fill up the application forms accessible either through the offline or online mode
- The officials will now prepare a list established on details entered during the registration
- Once the list is prepared, established on the NEET marks obtained by candidates, the officials release the NEET state rank list
Almost all the states issue the NEET merit list provisionally, which clearly mentions the details of candidates. These candidates must arrive at the mentioned venue in order to verify the certificates and documents. Once the verification is completed, the state officials shall prepare and release a final NEET State-wise merit list. This serves as the final list for NEET counselling.
Also check: NEET Quiz videos
For students’ ease, we have brought for them the state-wise NEET Rank list, just a click away. Just click on the corresponding link of your states and get the details.
NEET Rank List of various states and release status is as mentioned below
|Name of the state||Status|
|Andhra Pradesh||Soon To Be Announced|
|Assam||Soon To Be Announced|
|Bihar||Soon To Be Announced|
|Chhattisgarh||Soon To Be Announced|
|Goa||Soon To Be Announced|
|Himachal Pradesh||Soon To Be Announced|
|Haryana||Soon To Be Announced|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Soon To Be Announced|
|Karnataka||Soon To Be Announced|
|Kerala||Soon To Be Announced|
|Maharashtra||Soon To Be Announced|
|Madhya Pradesh||Soon To Be Announced|
|Manipur MBBS||Soon To Be Announced|
|Odisha||Soon To Be Announced|
|Punjab||Soon To Be Announced|
|Rajasthan||Soon To Be Announced|
|Tripura||Soon To Be Announced|
|Telangana||Soon To Be Announced|
|Tamil Nadu||Soon To Be Announced|
|Jharkhand||Soon To Be Announced|
|Uttarakhand||Soon To Be Announced|
|Uttar Pradesh||Soon To Be Announced|
|West Bengal||Soon To Be Announced|
|Gujarat||Soon To Be Announced|
|Chandigarh||Soon To Be Announced|
|DU||Soon To Be Announced|
|IPU (Delhi)||Soon To Be Announced|
|BHU||Soon To Be Announced|
|AMU||Soon To Be Announced|
NEET State Wise Rank List – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must compulsorily clear class 12 board exams or an equivalent exam to take up medical courses such as BDS/MBBS/BUMS/BAMS, etc through NEET exams as the eligibility criteria for domicile varies
- For students to be eligible, one must pass the NEET exams by clearing the released NEET Cut-off score compulsorily, failing at which one cannot proceed to the further rounds. It is the minimum cut-off percentile, which is pivotal for eligibility consideration to get admitted through the 85% state quota seats under private universities
In order for students to get a clearer picture, cut-off marks, and percentile from previous years NEET exams are rendered in this table. With this, aspirants can get clear insights
Category-wise NEET Percentile and Cut-off score From Previous Years
|Category||Cut-off score||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
|General – PH||107-118||120-133||129-146||45th|
|OBC/SC/ST – PH||96-106||107-133||113-128||40th|
Also See: NEET Seat Allotment
NEET State Wise Rank List – Key points
- Once the NEET exam takes place and NEET results are announced, the enrolling for NEET state counselling process will be informed
- Almost all the states shall release a separate state-wise merit list for NEET for every round of counselling
- Generally, states like Tamil Nadu happens to release a separate merit list for admission to UG medical courses in both government and private colleges
- Before the allotment process commences at the state level, the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh shall release their corresponding lists of candidates that shall pass the class 12 exams from their states. This list shall be declared on the grounds of information rendered by the DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services) representing the MCC (Medical Counselling Committee)
- The provisional NEET state-wise Merit list shall be generated once the candidates have filled and submitted the application form before or on the last date specified
- Registered and approved candidates making it to the merit list should go ahead and report to verify the documents which typically occur through the offline mode. For this, one must carry all the documents/certificates specified
- Subsequently, the state officials shall publish the NEET state-wise merit list, which serves as a document inviting all the eligible candidates for the counselling and hence admission process at the state-level
- The merit list for institutes shall be published separately by the corresponding officials for the AFMC counselling, Pune as it is carried out separately
- For institutes under the Central universities such as Delhi University (DU), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Jamia Milia Islamia (JMI), the Medical Counselling Committee shall release the NEET Merit list for admissions.
Visit BYJU’S for more on NEET.