The physiological reaction of entities or developmental responses to the length of dark or night period is known as Photoperiodism, This type of response occurs in both plants and animals. While vernalization is the induction of the flowering process in plants as a result of exposure to the prolonged winter or cold or by an artificial equivalent.
1. ______ influences the process of flowering in plants.
(b) Water in the soil
(c) The acidity of the soil
(d) Amount of green pigment
2. Phytochrome is a photosensitive pigment involved in _________.
3. In which of the following living species, phytochrome, the blue-green pigment is found?
(c) Flowering plants
(d) Vascular cryptograms
4. The change over from vegetative to reproductive phase in plants takes place in response to______.
(a) Length of the day
(b) severity of temperature
(c) Oxygen content in the air
(d) mainly the food material available in the soil
5. The reversal of etiolation effected by light is called______.
(b) Richmond Lang effect
(c) Anisotropic wall expansion
(d) Red-far red light interaction
6. A plant that require not less than 10 hours of light to flower is called ______.
(a) Day-neutral plant
(b) Short day plant
(c) Long day plant
(d) None of the above
7. Which of the following hormone can replace vernalization?
8. When the dark period of short-day plants is interrupted by brief exposure of light, then the plant ______.
(a) Produces more flowers
(b) Will not bear any flowers
(c) Turns into a long day plant
(d)Produces flowers immediately
9. Which of the following pigment involved in red-far red light interconversion?
10. Cholodny-Went theory is based on________.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S for more important MCQs on NEET.