1) What is a metre bridge?
A slide wire bridge, also termed a metre bridge, is an instrument that works on the principal Wheatstone bridge. To find unknown resistance of a conductor, a metre bridge is used.
2) In a series combination of resistance, how do you find the equivalent resistance?
Since the same current passes through each resistor in series combination, the total resistance RT can be calculated using the below equation:
RT = R1 + R2 + R3 + …….Rn
3) What is Wheatstone bridge?
A Wheatstone bridge is a particular type of electrical circuit that is used in measuring the unknown electrical resistance of the circuit by balancing the two legs of the bridge circuit, where the unknown component includes one of its legs.
4) What is the use of a metre bridge?
To measure the resistance precisely for a resistor, a metre bridge is used.
5) Which principle is followed by the metre bridge for its working?
The principle of the Wheatstone bridge is followed by a metre bridge for its efficient working.
6) Which material wire is used in a metre bridge?
The materials such as nichrome, constantan or manganin are used in making the wire of a metre bridge because these materials have a high value of resistance, and the coefficient of the temperature of their resistances is low.
7) What is the case when the metre bridge is in a more sensitive condition?
The metre bridge circuit will be very sensitive when all four resistors have the same resistance values.
8) What is the balanced condition of a Wheatstone bridge?
When no current flows through the galvanometer, the Wheatstone bridge is said to be in a balanced condition. By adjusting the known resistance and variable resistance, this condition can be achieved.
9) What is the working principle of a Wheatstone bridge?
It is the principle of null deflection which is responsible for the working of a Wheatstone bridge, i.e. no current flows through the circuit, and the ratio of their resistances are equal.
10) What are the restrictions of Wheatstone bridge?
The resistance of the leads and contacts becomes important for low resistance measurement, but the Wheatstone bridge shows errors while measuring them.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S and Fall in Love with Learning!