Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Examination for recruitment in various Government departments. This article will share brief details related to the Age limit of SSC CHSL Examination. Aspiring candidates can learn more about the different SSC Exams in the given link.
Note: The age limit for the 2022 SSC CHSL Exam would be updated once the official notification is released. Meanwhile, candidates can have a look at the 2020 SSC CHSL Age Limit.
Age Limit for SSC CHSL 2020
Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as on 01-01-2020 (i.e. Candidates born not before 02-01-1993 and not later than 01-01-2002).
Permissible relaxation in upper age limit for different categories are given in the below table
beyond the upper age limit
|1||SC/ ST||5 years|
|3||PwD (unreserved)||10 years|
|4||PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|5||PwD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the
military service rendered from
the actual age as on closing date
of receipt of online application.
|7||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||05 years|
|8||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||03 years|
|9||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during
hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees:
Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.
|Up to 40 years of age|
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees:
Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).
|Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially
separated and who are not remarried.
|Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially
separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).
|Up to 40 years of age|
- Date of Birth filled by the candidate in the online application form and the same recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate will be accepted by the Commission for determining the age and no subsequent request for change will be considered or granted.
SSC CHSL Examination – Posts
The Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination is a competitive examination held for recruitment to the posts of
- Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant,
- Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and
- Data Entry Operators for various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India.
SSC CHSL Examination – Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission will conduct the SSC CHSL 2021 exams in the following stages
- Tier I – Objective Multiple Choice Paper
- Tier-II – Descriptive Paper
- Tier III – Skill Test / Computer Proficiency Test applicable to a few select posts
SSC CHSL Examination 2020 – Payscale
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||Pay Level-2||Rs. 19,900 – Rs 63,200|
|Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA)||Pay Level – 4||Rs. 25,500 – Rs 81,100|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Pay Level – 4||Rs. 25,500 – Rs 81,100|
|Data Entry Operator, Grade A||Pay Level – 4||Rs. 25,500 – Rs 81,100|
SSC CHSL Examination 2020 – Reservation
- Implementation of reservation policy, maintaining reservation roster and earmarking of vacancies for different categories comes under the domain of the User Departments.
- Reservation for the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Ex-servicemen (ESM) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders.
|SSC CHSL Exam||SSC CHSL Admit Card|
|SSC CHSL Eligibility||SSC CHSL Notification|
|SSC CHSL Result||SSC CHSL Syllabus|
|SSC CHSL Salary||SSC CHSL Cut Off|
|SSC CHSL Preparation||SSC CHSL Apply Online|