Overview of Telangana Board
In the state of Telangana, Class 10 examinations are conducted by the Board of Secondary Education (BSE). Meanwhile, the Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education is responsible for conducting Class 12 board exams.
For SSC (Class 10) Exam Pattern 2020-21
For the academic year 2020-21, there have been changes made to the Telangana Board SSC exam pattern, because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The exam papers have been reduced from 11 to 6 for this year. According to this new pattern applicable for the 2020-21 academic year, students would have to write only one paper for each subject.
- One paper for second language papers (same as last year)
- Paper-I and Paper-II of the first language, English, Mathematics, General Science (Physical Science and Biology) and Social Studies would be merged into a single paper for each subject
- No change is made to total marks of the SSC exams accounting for 600 marks (100 marks for each subject)—480 marks for board exams and 120 for internals
- Duration of the exam has been increased from 2 hours 45 minutes of previous years to 3 hours and fifteen minutes for this year 2020-21
- For the reason that a significant portion of the academic year 2020-21 was conducted in online mode, the state has decided to provide more choice for the questions in each question paper
- To ease the evaluation process, separate answer booklets will be issued for physical science and biological science subjects
- There will be no change in the marks pattern of composite courses and vocational courses
Previous SSC Exam Pattern 2019-2020
- There would be one paper for each of the languages – Hindi, Telugu, Urdu and English
- Two papers for non-language subjects such as Science Paper I and Paper II, Mathematics Paper I and Paper II
- Furthermore, each of the languages has 100 marks, among which 80 is distributed in the theory paper and the remaining 20 as internal assessment.
- Each of the non-language papers would have a maximum of 50 marks, with 40 marks allocated in the theory exam and the remaining 10 marks awarded as internal assessment.
For 2nd Year (Senior/Class 12) Exam Pattern 2020-21
- Students are examined in 3 parts, namely:
- Part I – English
- Part II – Second Languages
- Part III – non-language subjects
- A total mark of 500 can be achieved in the arts groups the 2nd year
- A maximum of 530 marks can be awarded for MPC group, 2nd year
- Bi.P.C group has a maximum mark of 560 for the 2nd year
- The minimum marks that a candidate should score to pass is 35
Importance of Analysing Exam Pattern
Students are required to analyse the pattern of examination as they can develop an ideal learning strategy. Furthermore, the students may acquire important insights that may help them perform better in the exam. Hidden trends and patterns might become apparent, distribution of marks may have a clearer picture etc.
To explore more exam resources and useful tools like inter 2nd year model papers , visit BYJU’S. From in-depth articles to fascinating videos, BYJU’s has a plethora of educational resources from TSBIE to help you crack exams with ease.
Students can also refer to the intermediate syllabus from BYJU’S.