Another important subdivision of adverbs is the adverb of time. Adverbs are one of the essential parts of speech. It is necessary that students develop a better understanding of adverbs at a young age. This will help them have a basic knowledge about adverbs and their types and solve different adverbs worksheets. Grammar is a crucial part of kids’ learning as it helps them understand what is grammatically correct to write and say.
Adverb of Time Worksheet:-Download PDF
What are Adverbs of Time?
Adverb of time is one of the types of adverbs. Adverbs of time denote when the action of the verb has occurred or will occur or is occurring. Examples of the adverb of time “I saw Lily yesterday.” Here, ‘yesterday’ is the adverb of time. BYJU’S website offers several adverbs of time worksheets that students can easily access and download for their practice. Solving the adverbs of time worksheet pdf will help the students to understand the concept of the adverb of time better.
Tips to Identify Adverbs of Time
While identifying the adverbs of time, here are some tips that help the students to identify these adverbs quickly.
- Adverbs of time are generally put at the end of the sentence. For example, “ Robin went to school today.” Here, ‘today’ is the adverb of time that’s placed at the end of the sentence.
- Adverb of time refers to the duration of the action, or how many times the action has occurred or when the action has occurred.
List of Adverb of Time
- When – This is denoted by the adverb of time like today, tomorrow, yesterday, later, now etc.
- How often – It is denoted by the adverb of time like sometimes, never, always, frequently, often etc.
- How long – It is denoted by words like for a while, not long, since last year etc.
Frequently Asked Questions on Adverb of Time Worksheet
What is the adverb of time?
Adverbs of time denote when the action of the verb has occurred or will occur or is occurring. For example, “Sam will call me later.” Here, ‘later’ is the adverb of time.
Where to find the adverb of time worksheet?
BYJU’S website has many adverbs of time worksheets that can be downloaded in pdf and kept for future practice. These worksheets are designed to ensure that students understand and grasp the basics of adverb of time.
|Adverb of Place Worksheet||Adverb of Frequency Worksheet|
|Adverbs of Degree Worksheet||Adverb Clause Worksheet|