K is the 11th letter in the list of the alphabet. Teach these letters to kids in such a way that they find it fun while they are learning. Teach them some simple words that start with the letter K, such as kite, kind, king, kid, koala, kettle, kick and so on. Also, introduce the little ones to the cursive letter K worksheets. Cursive worksheets for kids are an excellent way to teach them how to write the letter K in cursive. Make sure to keep these worksheets fun, colourful and exciting for the little learners to practise. Cursive alphabet worksheets improve their skill and precision.
What are the Rules to be Followed while Practising Cursive Writing?
Each writing skill has a set of rules to be followed. Similarly, cursive writing also has a few simple yet important rules while practising the cursive letter K worksheets. Here are those easy rules to be followed while practising writing the cursive alphabet.
- Every letter must be of the same height and aligned.
- All the cursive capital letters should begin from the top line on the four-line notebook.
- Form ovals, strokes and parallel lines whenever necessary.
- Cursive small letters must not be bigger than the rest of the alphabet in a word or a sentence.
- All the downstrokes must be aligned in the same height and parallel.
Suggested article: Cursive Small Letters
How to Write the Letter K in Cursive?
Writing the cursive letters might be quite hard for the children during their initial days of learning. However, here is a simple way to write the cursive letter K.
- Capital letter K in cursive: Start the capital K in cursive from the top line, and get the stroke to the bottom line. Do not break the stroke, and bring it back up to the middle line. Take the stroke to the right of the cursive letter K and the top line from the middle line. Then, bring the stroke back to the middle, get the line out and write it on the bottom line by leaving a small tag towards the right to connect to the next letter.
- Small letter K in cursive: Start the stroke below the middle line. Bring the stroke to the top line, and create a loop by going back to the bottom line. Take the stroke upwards and write a loop below the middle line. Then, take the stroke and loop to the right to connect to the following letter.
Also refer to BYJU’S Cursive Capital letters.
List of the Cursive Letter K Worksheets
Here is the best list of the cursive letter K worksheets for the children.
Practise Capital Letter K In Cursive Worksheets Download PDF
Printable Small Letter K In Cursive Worksheets Download PDF
Cursive Writing Letter K Tracing Worksheets Download PDF
Frequently Asked Questions on Cursive Letter K
Why is the cursive letter K important?
Learning the cursive letter K is essential for children because it improves their handwriting, dexterity and detailing skills. Kids also learn a new skill of writing and gain confidence by legibly writing and in turn scoring well in their examinations.
How to write the small letter K in cursive?
To write the small letter K in cursive, start the stroke below the middle line. Bring the stroke to the top line, and create a loop by going back to the bottom line. Take the stroke upwards and write a loop below the middle line. Then, take the stroke and loop to the right to connect to the following letter.
Why should Class 1 children practise cursive letter K worksheets?
Class 1 kids should practise cursive letter K worksheets because it develops their handwriting from a young age and assists them in learning spelling. Cursive writing also enhances their motor skills and overall cognitive development.