J is the 10th letter in the alphabet list. Simple words that start with the letter J are jar, jug, joke, joint, jaguar, jam etc., Once kids have learned to write the letters, slowly introduce them to cursive writing. Provide them with the best cursive letter J worksheets available at BYJU’S. These worksheets are an inseparable part of kids learning. Cursive letters are a style of writing in the joined-up method. Kids of classes 1, 2 and 3 can practise the letter J in cursive writing worksheets. Cursive alphabet worksheets are an excellent way to teach the little ones the art of unique writing style.
Is Cursive Writing Important?
Yes. Cursive writing is vital to children. In this context, practising the cursive letter J is essential for them to understand the strokes, slants and parallel lines used while writing the cursive letters. When your little ones have finished practising cursive writing worksheets, ask them to write English poems, available at BYJU’S. Here are a few points that explain the importance of cursive writing.
- Practising cursive writing improves their concentration and motivates them to focus on the cursive strokes and parallel lines.
- Increases their speed in writing and helps them write without any spelling mistakes.
- Helps them recognize the difficult cursive letters like b, d, p and q, as the formation of these cursive letters might confuse the children.
Suggested Article: Cursive Capital Letter
How to Write the Letter J in Cursive Writing?
Writing the cursive letter J might be challenging for kids. Hence, introduce them to the below given simple tricks on how to write the letter J in cursive writing.
- Capital J in cursive: Start the capital J in cursive above the bottom line. Write the first stroke on the top line by looping back and writing a stem below the bottom line. Then, create a small loop above the bottom line, and take a final stroke towards the bottom right of the cursive letter J for connecting with the next letter in the word.
- Cursive small letter J: Start the cursive small letter J slightly below the middle line. Write the stroke on the middle line, then bring the stroke below the bottom line. Now, loop up to the bottom line and make a tag on the right of the cursive letter J to connect it to the following letter in the word.
List of the Cursive Letter J Worksheets
Below given are the best cursive letter J worksheets for your little ones to master cursive writing.
Practise Capital J In Cursive Worksheets Download PDF
Printable Cursive Small Letter J Worksheets Download PDF
Cursive Writing Letter J Tracing Worksheets Download PDF
Frequently Asked Questions on Cursive Letter J
How to write the capital letter J in cursive?
Start the capital J in cursive above the bottom line. Write the first stroke on the top line by looping back and writing a stem below the bottom line. Then, create a small loop above the bottom line, and take a final stroke towards the bottom right of the cursive letter J for connecting with the next letter in the word.
Can a Class 3 child be given capital letter J in cursive worksheets?
Yes. You can provide a Class 3 child with the capital letter J in cursive worksheets. These worksheets for kids are a great way to enhance their motor skills and detailing skills. When they practise these worksheets regularly, they master the art of cursive writing.
Why should children practise cursive letter J worksheets?
Children should practise cursive letter J worksheets because it helps them improve their handwriting and increases writing speed by avoiding spelling mistakes. These worksheets are a fun and colourful way to engage children in learning.