I is the 9th letter in the world of the alphabet. The letter I is one of the important vowels in the English language. This letter plays a vital role in word formation. Teach kids some simple words that begin with the letter I, namely ice, icecream, ink, iron, island, etc., Then, provide them with the cursive letter I worksheets available at BYJU’S. These worksheets for kids help them practise regularly and master how to write I in cursive letter. Moreover, practising these cursive letters worksheets can be a fun, exciting and interactive learning experience for your little one.
Why Should Children Learn Cursive Writing?
Cursive writing plays an integral part in the kids learning phase. Here are a few points that explain to you the importance of practising cursive letter I worksheets.
- When kids form cursive letters using a pen or a pencil, they eventually develop a solid handgrip.
- When the little ones learn the cursive letter formation, it connects their hand and eye.
- Cursive writing is helpful for kids to overcome dyslexia.
- Develops a speed in writing notes and with minimal errors.
- When their handwriting is legible and clear, they score well in their academics.
- Also, they can express their ideas creatively in cursive letters.
How to Write I in Cursive Letter?
Here are the simple methods to write the cursive letter I.
- Cursive I capital letter: Start the cursive I capital letter from the bottom line, on the left. Start to take the stroke towards the top line and make a loop on the bottom line. On the outer right, leave the tag for other alphabets to connect.
- Cursive small letter I: When starting the stroke, begin below the middle line. Take the stroke towards the bottom line, and leave the tag on the right side to connect the cursive letter I to the following letter in the word. Ensure to remember to dot the cursive small letter I.
List of the Cursive Letter I Worksheets
Cursive letter I worksheets are important to kids. When they feel comfortable writing the cursive letters, they can write the English poems available at BYJU’S. Here are the best I in cursive letter worksheets for the little ones.
Practise Cursive I Capital Letter Worksheets Download PDF
Printable Cursive Small Letter I Worksheets Download PDF
Cursive Writing Letter I Tracing Worksheets Download PDF
Frequently Asked Questions on Cursive Letter I
How to write the cursive small letter I?
When starting the stroke, begin below the middle line. Take the stroke towards the bottom line, and leave the tag on the right side to connect the cursive letter I to the following letter in the word. Ensure to remember to dot the cursive small letter I.
Why are cursive letters important?
Cursive letters are important because they improve the little ones’ handwriting and increase their speed. Also, cursive letters help kids overcome dyslexia and improve their overall cognitive development and motor skills.
What are the types of cursive letter I worksheets for kids?
The types of the cursive letter I worksheets for kids are cursive I capital letter worksheets, the cursive small letter I worksheets, colouring and cursive writing letter I tracing worksheets.