SBI invites applications for the post of Apprentice for different states of India annually. SBI Apprentice is not a permanent employee of the Bank. The Apprentice will be trained about the work and the services that a bank provides to its customers. The candidate will be working under a senior bank officer who guides them in the work assigned to them. The candidates will be selected for a 1-year Apprenticeship training program with the SBI. The apprentices are eligible for a stipend of Rs.15000/- per month for the engagement period of one year.
The candidates who are interested to get into SBI as apprentices must be aware of its eligibility, exam pattern, exam dates, vacancies, exam centres, application procedure and fee. The SBI apprentice notification and all the important aspects of notification are discussed in the article.
To know more about bank exams, candidates can go through the linked article.
|Candidates can complement their preparation for Govt. Exams from the links given below:|
SBI Apprentice Notification 2022
State Bank of India has not yet released the notification for the recruitment of apprentice posts. The details regarding eligibility, exam pattern, exam dates, vacancies, exam centres, application procedure and the fee are discussed here. Candidates can download the SBI Apprentice 2022 notification below
|SBI Apprentice Notification 2022: Download PDF (will be updated)|
SBI Apprentice Vacancy 2022
SBI Apprentice Vacancies(total, category wise and state wise) will be updated once the notification is released by the State Bank of India.
|General Category||To be announced|
|Other Backward Classes||To be announced|
|Scheduled Castes||To be announced|
|Scheduled Tribes||To be announced|
|Economically Weaker Sections||To be announced|
|Total||To be announced|
SBI Apprentice Vacancy 2021
SBI had released 6100 vacancies for SBI Apprentice on its official website on 05th July 2021. The online registration process was active from 06th July to 26th July 2021. The category wise and State wise vacancies are given below
|Other Backward Classes||1375|
|Economically Weaker Sections||604|
State-wise Vacancies for the year 2022 are given below
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||10||Arunachal Pradesh||20|
|J & K||100||Mizoram||20|
For more information on SBI Apprentice Vacancy, go through the linked article
SBI Apprentice Eligibility
The eligibility criteria of SBI Apprentice is based on Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Experience, Local Language etc. Details of all these factors are given below
Educational Qualification: The candidate must possess Graduation from a recognised University/ Institute.
Age Limit: The candidate’s minimum age must be 20 years and the maximum age must be 28 years
Age Relaxation: The age relaxations for different categories are given in the below table.
|Unreserved||No age relaxation|
|Economically weaker section||No age relaxation|
|Other Backward Castes(OBCs)||3 years|
|Scheduled Castes(SCs)||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribes(STs)||5 years|
|General PwD||10 years|
|Other Backward Castes PWD||13 years|
|Scheduled Castes PwD||15 years|
|Scheduled Tribes PwD||15 years|
For more details on experience and local language, eligibility refer to SBI Apprentice Eligibility
SBI Apprentice Exam Pattern
The selection process for SBI apprentices is based on online written test, test of local language and medical test. The written test consists of 4 subjects with 100 questions. The structure of the online written examination (online objective type) would be as follows.
|Subject||Numer of Questions||Maximum allotted||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||25||25||15 minutes|
|General English||25||25||15 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||25||25||15 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||25||25||15 minutes|
Test of the local language
- The candidates applying for vacancies in a particular state should be proficient (reading, writing, speaking and understanding) in any one of the specified local languages of that State as mentioned in Para A of the advertisement.
- The test for knowledge of the specified opted local language will be conducted as a part of the selection process. It will be conducted after qualifying the online written examination. Candidates who fail to qualify for this test will not be engaged for apprentices.
- Candidates who produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be required to undergo the language test.
Medical Examination: After the online test and local language test, selected apprentices is subject to his/her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank.
SBI Apprentice Exam Dates
The notification for SBI Apprentice has not been released by the SBI yet. The SBI Apprentice notification is expected soon. The important events and respective dates will be updated below once SBI releases a notification to recruit apprentices.
|Commencement of online registration of application||To be announced|
|Closure of registration of application||To be announced|
|Closure for editing application details||To be announced|
|Last date for printing your application||To be announced|
|Online Fee Payment||To be announced|
|Admit Card||To be announced|
|Online Examination Date||To be announced|
|Local Language Test Date||To be announced|
|Date of Result||To be announced|
The examination for the selection of SBI apprentices 2021 was conducted in September 2021. The important events and dates of the SBI Apprentice Exam 2021 are given below
|Commencement of online registration of application||06/07/2021|
|Closure of registration of application||26/07/2021|
|Closure for editing application details||26/07/2021|
|Last date for printing your application||10/08/2021|
|Online Fee Payment||06/07/2021 to 26/07/2021|
|Admit Card||07th September 2021|
|Online Examination Date||20th September 2021|
|Local Language Test Date||October 2021|
|Date of Result||03rd November 2021|
SBI Apprentice Application Form
Candidates interested in SBI Apprentice can apply in online mode only. Candidates will be required to register themselves online through the website
- https://nsdcindia.org/apprenticeship or
- https:// apprenticeshipindia.org or
- http://bfsissc.com or
- https://bank.sbi/careers or
Pre-requisites to Apply Online
Candidates should have the following ready while applying for SBI Apprentice
- Valid email ID
- Mobile no. which should be kept active till the declaration of results
- Scanned photograph
- Scanned Signature
- Scanned Documents like caste certificates, EWS certificates etc
How to Apply Online for SBI Apprentice?
- Visit the website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers and open the appropriate Online Application Form, available in the ‘Current Openings’.
- Fill out the application carefully with all the relevant details and submit the data. In the event of candidates not being able to fill the data in one go, they can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the registration number and password. They can re-open the saved data using the registration number and password and edit the particulars if needed.
- Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data. After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form, candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt and application form with fee details will be generated, which may be printed for record. Printout of Application Form is NOT to be sent to SBI.
SBI Apprentice Application Fee
It is the last stage in the process of application. The FEES/INTIMATION CHARGES are Non-Refundable. The application fee for different categories is given below.
|Other Backward Classes||Rs.300/-|
|Economically Weaker Sections||Rs.300/-|
|Persons with Disabilities||NIL|
SBI Apprentice Exam Centres
- The candidate should choose the name of the centre while filling out the application form for SBI Apprentice. The online examination will be held at the centres mentioned below.
- SBI reserves the right to cancel any of the examination centres and/or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility etc. SBI also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
- No request for a change of centre for examination shall be entertained
Candidates can check the exam centres in different states in the linked article: SBI Apprentice Exam Centres.