Dengue fever can be defined as a fever caused by the infection with a virus transmitted by the Aedes mosquitoes.
It can also be described as, an illness caused by the dengue virus, which is spread by the female Aedes mosquito. A single person can be infected with dengue fever more than once. If a person had dengue fever before and is once again infected, then there is a chance of developing more deadly and serious dengue hemorrhagic fever.
Dengue fever Symptoms
According to the researchers, the dengue fever symptoms differ from younger children and those who have the disease for the first time.
A symptoms for dengue fever includes:
- Skin Rash
- High Fever.
- Low blood pressure.
- Pain behind the eyes.
- Blood plasma leakage.
- Low levels of blood platelets.
- Severe Muscle and Joint Pains.
- Mild bleeding from nose and gums.
Other than these Dengue fever symptom, can be easily identified if the patient’s fever does not go away even after a few days.
Causes of Dengue fever
This disease is mainly caused by the female Aedes mosquitoes. These mosquitoes carry the dengue virus and infect a healthy person with dengue fever.
Treatment for Dengue fever
There is no proper treatment or cure, as currently there is no vaccine available to weaken or kill the Dengue virus.
Preventions of Dengue fever
- Remove all sources of stagnant water.
- Use mosquito repellents to avoid the bites of mosquitoes.
- Change water in vases and remove water from flower-pot plates on alternate days.
- Clean blockages and spray insecticide on roofs, gutters and near windows frequently.
For more detail information about Dengue fever, visit BYJU’S.