Piles, also known as Haemorrhoids, are the collections of inflamed, swollen tissues containing enlarged blood vessels inside or around the bottom anal canal. This uncomfortable condition is usually seen in adults aged 45 to 65 year and is two types of piles:
- Internal piles are normally located above the opening of the anus.
- External piles are normally located outside and near the edge of the anus.
Among these two types, internal piles are a more common type of piles seen in an individual. The main causes of piles include chronic constipation, chronic diarrhea, lifting heavy weights, Obesity, pregnancy, and increased pressure in the veins of the anus.
Symptoms of Piles
In many cases, piles do not cause any symptoms, and few don’t even realize they have piles. The symptoms are not always obvious.
The common symptoms of piles include:
- Leakage of bloody stools.
- Swelling around your anus.
- Mucous discharge from the anus.
- Bright red bleeding from the anus.
- Itching or irritation in your anal region.
- Presence of a hard lump around the anus.
- Painful swelling or a lump near the anus.
- Pain and discomforts during bowel movements.
These are a common symptoms of piles, which can vary between the individuals and often go away on their own after a few days without any treatment. Certain lifestyle changes are advised for the patients with the piles and in rare cases surgery are suggested by the doctors for the removal of piles and other tissues which are affected by piles.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to learn in detail about the piles, its symptoms, and treatments.