Urine Infection is an infection that affects any part of the urinary system, which includes the kidneys, bladder, ureters, or urethra. These infections are common in all ages and in both genders. There are two types of Urine Infections:
- Lower urinary tract infection – impacts the urinary bladder and the urethra.
- Upper urinary tract infection – impacts the kidneys.
Read More: Human Excretory System
These infections are mostly caused by the growth of harmful microorganisms or pathogens like bacteria, fungi and viruses. The symptoms usually vary with the types of urinary infections and part of the urinary system which is infected.
Also Read: Microbes and Diseases
Symptoms of Urine Infection
Listed below are the common symptoms of Urine Infections.
- Bloody Urine
- Frequent Urination
- Cloudy or Dark Urine
- Urine with a Strong odour
- Pain in the Rectal Area for Men.
- Pain in the Pelvic Area for Women.
- Increased Urgency of Urination.
- Dark or tea-coloured Urine Discharge.
- A Feeling of Incomplete Bladder Emptying
- Burning Sensation during the Discharge of Urine.
- Tenderness and Pain in the Upper Back and Sides.
Also Refer: Micturition – The Process Of Urination
These were a few common symptoms of Urine Infections. It is a very common infectious disease, but may lead to severe consequences if it is left untreated. The treatment includes a course of antibiotics to destroy the microbes and other precautions to be followed to reduce the chances of getting infected.
Also Refer: Urine Formation And Osmoregulation