Urine Infection is an infection that affects any part of the urinary system, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra. These infections are common in all ages and in both genders. There are two types of Urine Infection:
- Lower urinary tract infection – affects the urethra and the urinary bladder.
- Upper urinary tract infection – affects the kidneys.
This infections are mostly caused by the growth of pathogens like bacteria, fungi and viruses. The symptoms usually vary with the types of urine infections and part of the urinary system which is infected.
Symptoms of Urine Infection
Listed below are the common symptoms of Urine Infections.
- Bloody Urine
- Frequent Urination
- Cloudy or Dark Urine
- Urine with a Strong Odour
- Pain in the Rectal Area for Men.
- Pain in the Pelvic Area for Women.
- Increased Urgency of Urination.
- Dark or Tea-Coloured Urine Discharge.
- A Feeling of Incomplete Bladder Emptying
- Burning Sensation during the Discharge of Urine.
- Tenderness and Pain in the Upper Back and Sides.
These were a listed of a few common symptoms of Urine Infections. It is a very common infectious disease but may lead to severe consequences if it is left untreated. The treatment includes a course of antibiotics to destroy the microbes and other precautions to be followed to reduce the chances of getting infected.