CBSE Class 10 Syllabus of Social Science covers all the important topics and sub-topics related to the subject. The Social Science subject covers the scientific study of human society and social relationships. The CBSE Class 10 Syllabus is framed as per the guidelines of the CBSE board. It provides detailed information about the course structure, distribution of marks, time duration, projects, assignments and textbooks. While preparing for their final board exam the students should refer to CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus. Studying as per the prescribed syllabus will keep students’ studies on track and help them score good marks in the exam.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Science is available for download in PDF for 2022-23 academic year. The Board has released the Class 10 Social Science Syllabus and restored the original end year exam. Students can access the CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus for 2022- 23 by clicking on the pdf link below.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Course Structure 2022-23 with Unit-Wise Marks Distribution
|Max. Marks: 80|
|No.||Units||No. of Periods||Marks|
|I||India and the Contemporary World – II||60||20|
|II||Contemporary India – II||55||20|
|III||Democratic Politics – II||50||20|
|IV||Understanding Economic Development||50||20|
Students can also check out the CBSE Syllabus for classes 1 to 12 consisting of all the major subjects.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Science – Internal Assessment
1) Periodic Assessment (10 Marks):
- Pen Paper Test – 5 marks
- Assessment using multiple strategies – 5 Marks
For example, Quiz, Debate, Role Play, Viva, Group Discussion, Visual Expression, Interactive Bulletin Boards, Gallery Walks, Exit Cards, Concept Maps, Peer Assessment, SelfAssessment, etc.
2) Portfolio (5 Marks)
- Classwork and Assignments
- Any exemplary work done by the student
- Reflections, Narrations, Journals, etc.
- Achievements of the student in the subject throughout the year
- Participation of the student in different activities like Heritage India Quiz
3) Subject Enrichment Activity (5 Marks)
- Project Work
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Project Work 2022-23
In the CBSE Syllabus PDF of Social Science students will find the complete detail on project work. These project work are added into the curriculum so that students get to know the problems related to social issue in the society.
1. Every student has to compulsorily undertake any one project on the following topics:
- Consumer Awareness
- Social Issues
- Sustainable Development
2. Objective: The overall objective of the project work is to help students gain an insight and pragmatic understanding of the theme and see all the Social Science disciplines from interdisciplinary perspective. It should also help in enhancing the Life Skills of the students.
Students are expected to apply the Social Science concepts that they have learnt over the years in order to prepare the project report.
If required, students may go out for collecting data and use different primary and secondary resources to prepare the project. If possible, various forms of art may be integrated in the project work.
3. The distribution of marks over different aspects relating to Project Work is as follows:
|a.||Content accuracy, originality and analysis||2|
|b.||Presentation and creativity||2|
4. The projects carried out by the students in different topics should subsequently be shared among themselves through interactive sessions such as exhibitions, panel discussions, etc.
5. All documents pertaining to assessment under this activity should be meticulously maintained by concerned schools.
6. A Summary Report should be prepared highlighting:
- objectives realized through individual work and group interactions
- calendar of activities
- innovative ideas generated in the process
- list of questions asked in viva voce
7. It is to be noted here by all the teachers and students that the projects and models prepared should be made from eco-friendly products without incurring too much expenditure.
8. The Project Report should be handwritten by the students themselves.
9. The Project Work needs to enhance cognitive, affective, and psychomotor skills of the learners. It will include self-assessment and peer assessment, and progress of the child in project-based and inquiry-based learning, art integrated activities, experiments, models, quizzes, role plays, group work, portfolios, etc., along with teacher assessment.
10. Records pertaining to projects (internal assessment) of the students will be maintained for a period of three months from the date of declaration of result for verification at the discretion of Board. Subjudiced cases, if any or those involving RTI / Grievances may however be retained beyond three months.
Learn Maths & Science in an interactive & fun-loving way with BYJU’S App/Tablet.