Committee set up by Ministry of Sports
- Has been set up in the wake of IOA (Indian Olympic Association) episode
- Will be headed by Secretary (sports)
- The ministry has already held meetings with various stakeholders and the recommendations given during these meeting will be studied and recommended by this committee for Improvement in National Sports Development Code and Functioning of National Sports Federations
- Will submit the report in a month
Shri Anoop Kumar Srivastava has taken over the charge of Secretary in the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Preeti Sudan assumed charge as Secretary, Department of Food and Public Distribution in the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
IIP – Index of Eight Core Industries
- IIP (Index of Industrial Production) of Eight Core Industries
- The combined Index of Eight Core Industries stands at 178.2 in November, 2016
- The IIP base year is 2004-05. The weightage is 38% of the total IIP
- The hotels, restaurants are levying Service Charges in the range of 5-20 percent in addition to other charges and instead of tips.
- As per The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 provides that any unfair practice to promote sales will be considered as unfair and deceptive method and a consumer can lodge a complaint against the appropriate authority
- The department of Consumer Affairs has sought clarification in this case and the Hotel Association of India has clarified that if the customer is not happy with the services provided then he can ask for the charges to be waived off
- Hence the central government has asked the state governments to sensitize the hotels and restaurants to display that the service charge is voluntary/discretionary