Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training (COMMIT), developed by Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for training the state government officials was launched by the Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension. The launch was in line with our Prime Minister’s vision of “Induction Training Programme” for cutting edge level government functionaries. It is a blended course that would allow both the faculty and the officers to make use of the online medium of training without compromising on the benefits of the traditional face to face classroom experience.
Objectives of COMMIT:
- Improving public service delivery.
- Promoting citizen- centric administration and good governance.
- Providing effective induction training to latest recruits in the state.
COMMIT will be strategically aligned with the goals and missions of the twelve day – Induction Training Programme (ITP) to develop attitude and skills towards improving citizen centric service delivery. The programme is designed in such a way that the officers can complete their online module of training (e-learns), hosted on the (DoPT) website alongside a face to face training of 8 hours by a Master Trainer at a District Training Centre. The State Administrative Training Institutes (ATIs) will act as implementing agencies of COMMIT. The benefits of COMMIT supplementing the traditional classroom induction- ITP are manifold.
- The requirement of a classroom space is ruled out, better opportunities to the officers who haven’t been exposed to training in order to hone their skills and to build up generic & domain specific competencies.
- Convenience of online learning along with the benefits of instructional & social interaction.
- It has a potential of covering about 3.3 lakh officials every year, while the ITP could cover only 10 thousand officials a year.
- Allows translation of the content to local/regional language which would make the training more effective.
On a pilot basis, COMMIT will be launched in the states of Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Haryana, Assam during the current financial year 2017-18. Within the next year, it is believed to cover the whole of India.