1. The persisting drives of the government for development of large industries in backward areas have resulted in isolating the tribal population and the farmers who face multiple displacements with Malkangiri and naxalbari foci, discuss the corrective strategies needed to win the left wing extremism (LWE) doctrine affected citizens back into the mainstream of social […]
Cracking the UPSC civil services exam requires the right mix of knowledge, analytical ability, exam-oriented preparation and a single-minded dedication. Apart from these requisites, it is also imperative that you practice mock tests for the UPSC prelims exam and answer writing for the mains exam. Everybody reads the same material. But what differentiates between success and failure is the ability to perform well in the exam on the D-day. This is possible only if you take mock tests for the prelims and practice answer writing for the mains exams.
BYJU’S presents UPSC Exam Simulation – a platform where you can take mock tests for prelims and practice answer writing for the mains. This section has two subcategories.
In this section, we give you UPSC mains questions for practice. The questions are classified subject-wise and this will tremendously help in your IAS mains preparation. Answer writing practice is essential for UPSC exam preparation since in the mains exam, you will be scored not only on the basis of knowledge but also on your answer presentation skills. Many candidates fail to grasp the crux of the questions asked in the IAS mains and this is where answer writing practice comes into the picture.
Under Current Affairs Quiz, you can test your GK and current affairs knowledge. A new quiz will be updated every week!
Benefits of UPSC Exam Simulation
- Assists you to gauge your strengths and weaknesses.
- Helps you understand the type of the questions asked in the civil services exam.
- Aids you in developing speed and accuracy for the UPSC exam.
- Enables you to predict possible questions for the UPSC exam.
Only knowledge coupled with practice can help you clear the UPSC exam. So, practice possible UPSC questions daily from our Exam Simulation section and upgrade your exam preparedness! With BYJU’S Exam Simulation you can face the actual exam without tension and with confidence.
4. What do you understand by ‘Standard Positioning Systems’ and ‘Protection Positioning Systems’ in the GPS era? Discuss the advantages India perceives from its ambitious IRNSS programme employing just seven satellites.
3.What are the areas of prohibitive labour that can be sustainably managed by robots ? Discuss the initiatives that can propel research in premier research institutes for substantive and gainful innovation.
2. What do you understand by ‘Standard Positioning Systems’ and ‘Protection Positioning Systems’ in the GPS era? Discuss the advantages India perceives from its ambitious IRNSS programme employing just seven satellites.
India’s Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (TKDL) which has a database containing formatted information on more than million medicinal formulations is proving a powerful weapon in the country’s fight against erroneous patents. Discuss the pros and cons making this database publicly available under open-source licensing.
6. Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata are the three mega cities of the country but the air pollution is much more serious problem in Delhi as compared to the other two. Why is this so?
5. What are the economic significances of discovery of oil in Arctic Sea and its possible environmental consequences?
4. How far do you agree that the behavior of the Indian monsoon has been changing due to humanizing landscapes? Discuss.
3. The states of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand arc reaching the limits of their ecological carrying capacity due to tourism. Critically evaluate.
2. India is well endowed with fresh water resources. Critically examine why it still suffers from water scarcity.