As everyone is aware that the UPSC Prelims Exam is to be conducted on June 27, 2021, and now it less than two months for the prelims, here we bring some last moment and easy tips to prepare for this section of the prelims exam.
Some basic tips to follow in your UPSC Prelims Exam preparation
- Know the syllabus very well
- Analyse previous years UPSC Question Papers
- Collect all the requisite sources and books to study
- Make notes of your own
- Practice and Revise
- Repeat, revise, and recall
Why Science and Technology important for UPSC Exam?
- UPSC tests the candidates’ basic knowledge in Science and Technology
- How much they understand on how the world around us work
- Candidates with Scientific knowledge will play crucial role in building the new India by applying the rational logical and analytical decision making and implementing in policies devised by you as a civil servant
E.g. let us take the e-Governance
Science and technology plays crucial role in the e-governance
Analysis of Previous years UPSC Question Papers
|Number of Questions asked|
If we observe the previous year question paper it is evident that this section of Prelims Syllabus almost carries a weightage of more than 20-30%.
A glimpse at Science and Technology topics
- Scale of Universe: Particle, atom, cell, human, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Visible Universe
- Branches of Science: Formal Science, Physical Science, Life Science, Social Science, Earth and Space
- Hierarchy of Science: Logic, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Cellular Biology, Functional Biology, Psychology, Geoscience, Sociology, Astronomy.
Some quick tips on basic strategy for S&T
- Focus on issues in news for UPSC Current Affairs
- One should thorough with the basics
- Should be aware of at least 5-6 keywords per terminology
- Issues in news should be correlated with the syllabus
- Make notes for current affairs on your own and frame probable questions that may be asked in the prelims exam by correlating the issue with the UPSC Syllabus.
This method of approach is not only for science and technology but can be applied to all the subjects of prelims syllabus of UPSC.