There are many reasons to make Botany a most loved optional subject for UPSC IAS Mains Exam. This is a favorite and favorable subject for the aspirants with Botany background. As it is a science subject, it is conceptual in nature. If you are a graduate in Botany, then all that you need to cover the themes you have canvassed in B. Sc. additionally a completing touch to your current information base as per the UPSC Civil Service Exam syllabus. These prerequisites can be satisfied in a generally brief timeframe.
The UPSC released their notifications for civil services exam for 2017 on February 22nd. Click here to view the UPSC IAS Exam Notification 2017.
Here we are giving the complete book for Botany optional which will help you in your UPSC IAS Mains Exam preparation. Candidates can check out the syllabus for Botany optional here. Given below is a list of Botany books for UPSC mains exam.
Books for Botany optional for UPSC IAS Mains Exam
- Cell Biology- De Robertis & Ambrose and Easy or Powar
- Cryptograms- B.R. Vasista
- Botany for Degree Students ; Pteridophyta (Vascular Cryptogams)-P.C. Vashishta
- Ecology, Microbiology, Animal Behaviour, Pollution and Toxicology For B. Sc. Part III, Paper III- Dr. Veer Bala Rastogi
- Economic botany in the tropics- S. L. Kochhar
- Embryology Of Angiosperms- S P Bhatnagar
- Genetics- Strickberger
- Genetics-Dr. Veer Bala Rastogi
- Microbiology- Powars
- Pathology- Singh’s book along with a foreign author
- Physiology and Biochemistry -Salisbury and Ross or Fritz and Noggle
- Plant Anatomy- Esau
- Plant Anatomy- B.P. Pandey
- Taxonomy-R Nair
Tune into byjus.com/free-ias-prep for more strategy articles and news on UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam