Law optional books for UPSC/Law books for UPSC Mains/UPSC law optional books
UPSC IAS Exam is known as the toughest exam in India. The exam is conducted in three stages- Prelims, mains, and interview. Optional subjects are considered as the vital part of UPSC IAS Mains exam.
UPSC aspirants choose the Law as an optional subject in UPSC Civil Services examination since it is high scoring. The marks fetched in the optional subject is a crucial factor in deciding the fate of aspirant.
BYJU’s has already come up with the UPSC syllabus for Law. Now we have compiled important books for Law optional UPSC exam.
Law optional for UPSC IAS Mains Exam
Previoulsy, Law was a less popular optional. But now it has been consistently attaining the attention of aspirants over in the last couple of years. The successful candidates have those who had law as their optional, have unequivocally prescribed Law to all law graduates, and non- law graduates. But the graduates from the non-law background may consider the fact that the Law optional has a considerably more extensive syllabus than other optional subjects.
Law optional Paper- I consist of Constitutional Law, administrative law, and International Law. Law Paper II comprises the Law of Contracts, the Law of Torts, Contemporary Legal Developments and the Law of Crimes.
Books for Law optional Paper I
Paper 1 of the Law optional has conceptual parts and less technical. This paper consists of two separate segment Constitutional Laws, Administrative Law and International Law. To tackle Paper I of Law optional aspirant should need some essential books for reference.
- Constitution of India
- Our Constitution – Subhash C. Kashyap
- The Constitution of India (Bare Act) – PM Bakshi
- An Introduction to Public International Law – S. K. Verma
- Introduction to the Constitution of India – D.D Basu
- Constitution of India- VN Shukla
- International Law – Malcolm N Shaw
- Administrative Law – I.P. Massey
- International Law- S. K Kapoor
Best Books for Law Optional in UPSC
Books for Law optional Paper II
Law optional Paper II ideals with hardcore laws and more technical. It consists of two segments as paper I. They are:
- Section A – Law of Torts and Law of Crimes
- Section B – Mercantile Law, Law of Contracts, and Contemporary Legal Developments
- Indian Penal Code- KD Gaur
- Mercantile Law – R.K. Bangia
- Jurisprudence – P.K. Tripathi and Dias
- Indian Penal Code – Autochthon Pillai
- Indian Penal Code-Ratanlal and Dhirajlal
- Principles of Mercantile Law- Avtar Singh
- Law of Tort – Autochthon Pillai
- Indian Contract Act Specific Relief Act- Pollock and mulla
Tune into byjus.com/free-ias-prep for more strategy articles and news on UPSC Civil Services IAS Exam
|Books on Public Administration for UPSC Exam|
|Books on Sociology for UPSC Exam|
|Books on Anthropology for UPSC Exam|